Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First Install worked great except no:
1. No Audio
2. No iMessages, no AppStore, No iTunes. (iCloud works though, there is no Networklist plist in Yosemite?)
3. No USB 3.0 anywhere on the board. (I will try not installing the 3.0 Universal drivers next time to fix)
4. No Network identifiers in system settings. (Remedying this will probably fix #2)

Second Clean Install: Everything worked for me right out of the box, except audio until I used Multibeast. Then I lost my iMessage, iCloud, App Store, and iTunes again.

USB 3.0 Fix:

I never applied the USB 3 drivers and they all work. This board should not require any drivers added(?)

Audio Fix:

I got audio to work. Multibeast 7.0 picked ALC892 and the optional 3 port (5.1) Audio (why I am not sure). After install and reboot go to the Settings>Sound>Output. Make sure show volume in menu bar is checked and you have the volume on in the menu bar. The default is off. Then go through the list under the select a device for sound output. I went through all four options I had skipping the AppleTV, while playing something in iTunes. Then when I returned to the internal speakers - Wham! sound kicked in. I am not sure why this worked entirely. I had been using the ALC898 driver in the past, I just happened to try this one and it worked for me.

Got iTunes to work, by signing in prior to using Multibeast, but still get a error code 50. (I think this is a verification error), everything else is still broken after Multibeast.

I am going to reinstall tomorrow and try without USB 3 install. My USB 3.0 are not working either. (MSI Z77A-GD55)

Figured an even easier Audio fix. Just make sure the Internal speakers are selected in System Preferences>Sound>Output. In the box that says select a device for sound output make sure internal speakers is selected (it will turn blue). It works! Glorious music.

Figured an even easier Audio fix. Just make sure the Internal speakers are selected in System Preferences>Sound>Output. In the box that says select a device for sound output make sure internal speakers is selected (it will turn blue). It works! Glorious music.
Yup, that's what I had to do to get mine working a few hours ago ;)

I hope your USB 3.0 fix works for me!

I have UD5H , I don't remember if I checked USB3 with multibeast.
USB3 is workign fine, execpt it randomly freezes when I plug in something in USB. Any idea how to troubleshoot / fix it?

Mostly it wakes fine from the sleep but once in a while it seems ot be running but nothign shows up on LCD and I can't get it to wake up to see it. I am trying darwake=0 to see if that fixes that issue?

THAHA yessss! thx sir! did the job here
OSX 10.10.1
GA Z77X UD5H
chimera install
core i7-3770k
EVGA GTX 970 OC

ALC 898 on a fresh install ... i set system settings > sound > internal ... and BOOM there i got my sound back ...

btw. all my USB3.0 ports are working good.
installed the usb 3.0 universal patch from multibeast 7.1.0

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back