Contribute
Register

Clean Install - Updated Product Type - Use Old ROM/MLB Values from NVRAM for iMessage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I finally pulled the trigger the other day and updated from 10.9 to 10.10. I also switched from Chimera/Multibeast to Clover and my system definition from Mac 3,1 to iMac 14,1.

In doing all this, iMessage and Facetime don't work, but were working when I had the Mac3,1 system definition on Sunday before the clean install.

Question:
I have a backup of my HD and it has a nvram.xxxx.plist file in the extra folder that I'm assuming has the appropriate NVRAM values. Can I take any of those values and use them in Clover to get iMessage working or will it cause issues since my system definition is now different?

I finally pulled the trigger the other day and updated from 10.9 to 10.10. I also switched from Chimera/Multibeast to Clover and my system definition from Mac 3,1 to iMac 14,1.

In doing all this, iMessage and Facetime don't work, but were working when I had the Mac3,1 system definition on Sunday before the clean install.

Question:
I have a backup of my HD and it has a nvram.xxxx.plist file in the extra folder that I'm assuming has the appropriate NVRAM values. Can I take any of those values and use them in Clover to get iMessage working or will it cause issues since my system definition is now different?

NVRAM values for iMessage have no connection with SMBIOS (as far as I'm aware), but you need to make sure you have the same S/N, SMUUID, MLB, and ROM (if you have it) from your old system to get it working as before. You also need to make sure NVRAM is persistent...

See here: Fix iMessage

Cheers!

Luckily I still had a complete backup of 10.9 where iMessage was working. I booted back into that with unibeast (since clover sets the values at boot) and grabbed all the old values from the NVRAM file using the iMessage debugger script.

Once I had the values, I hopped back into 10.10 and booted with clover and loaded all the appropriate values. Changing the system definition doesn't seem to have any impact as I've got iMessage and Facetime working now.

Luckily I still had a complete backup of 10.9 where iMessage was working. I booted back into that with unibeast (since clover sets the values at boot) and grabbed all the old values from the NVRAM file using the iMessage debugger script.

Once I had the values, I hopped back into 10.10 and booted with clover and loaded all the appropriate values. Changing the system definition doesn't seem to have any impact as I've got iMessage and Facetime working now.

:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back