Contribute
Register

Clean Install on Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

USB3 is running just fine on this board. In fact, everything installed without a hitch and is 100% stable. To get usb3 running, go to S/L/E and delete IOUSBFamily.kext and install the version I've attached to this message. Reboot and enjoy. Audio working, usb3 working and everything else is working out of the box. Messages also works fine if you are booting using clover.

The usb3 trick involves replacing the GenericUSBXHCI kext inside the plugins folder of IOUSBFamily with version 705.4.4.

Reboot, shutdown all working as well. I can't find anything that doesn't work to be totally honest.

I should add, I'm also on I1L UEFI if that makes any difference. Been using it since it came out with Mavericks too.

Thank you! This fixed USB3 for me. Everything seems to be working so far otherwise. UEFI bios, updated using Unibeast and Multibeast.

I tried to boot earlier and I got a message that my BIOS was corrupt. I was able to load a backup and everything is back to normal. Could this cause any of the issues I described earlier? - intermittently not waking from sleep or booting?

Going back to USB 3.0... With a fresh install the kinks are worked out with booting and I want to look at USB 3.0 again. I used kextbeast to install the GenericUSB3.0 kext. I put it on the desktop and ran kextbeast. How do I verify that the kext in s/l/e is the new version? I don't have 3.0 after the installation.

"To get usb3 running, go to S/L/E and delete IOUSBFamily.kext and install the version I've attached to this message. Reboot and enjoy. Audio working, usb3 working and everything else is working out of the box. Messages also works fine if you are booting using clover.

The usb3 trick involves replacing the GenericUSBXHCI kext inside the plugins folder of IOUSBFamily with version 705.4.4."

So on this method mentioned earlier, it says delete IOUSBFamily.kext, and in the next paragraph it talks about replacing GenericUSBXHCI.kext. I'm missing something obvious. Could someone please clarify the procedure?

Going back to USB 3.0... With a fresh install the kinks are worked out with booting and I want to look at USB 3.0 again. I used kextbeast to install the GenericUSB3.0 kext. I put it on the desktop and ran kextbeast. How do I verify that the kext in s/l/e is the new version? I don't have 3.0 after the installation.

Use the below command to identify the kext version,

Code:
kextstat|grep -y <kext name>

* Replace <kext name> with the name of the kext which you want to check whether it is loaded or not. If it is loaded then will show the version after the name of the kext.

:D I'm a happy camper right now. Installed the kext and changed a setting in bios and USB 3.0 is working! Got a fully functioning build minus iMessage which I don't care about. Thanks for the support!

Hi guys, I'm currently on Bios F10 trying to do a clean install of Yosemite. Got to boot to desktop, even internet works, no sound, ran multibeast and couldn't get it to reboot. There's a few more things I wanted to try before upgrading F10 to UEFI which seems like the way to go.

My main concern is if I update my mobo to UEFI, can I still run my Snow Leopard boot drive I'm on right now?

Edit:
In Multibeast, added AppleAcpipi Rollback and now I can reboot with USB. However I still do not have sound. It states "No Output Devices Found" in sound preferences. I made it this far with Bios F10, I will have to update to UEFI if I absolutely need to but I get nervous about these things. Any advice?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 1.18.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 1.18.36 PM.png
    427.7 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm currently on Bios F10 trying to do a clean install of Yosemite. Got to boot to desktop, even internet works, no sound, ran multibeast and couldn't get it to reboot. There's a few more things I wanted to try before upgrading F10 to UEFI which seems like the way to go.

My main concern is if I update my mobo to UEFI, can I still run my Snow Leopard boot drive I'm on right now?

Edit:
In Multibeast, added AppleAcpipi Rollback and now I can reboot with USB. However I still do not have sound. It states "No Output Devices Found" in sound preferences. I made it this far with Bios F10, I will have to update to UEFI if I absolutely need to but I get nervous about these things. Any advice?

For Enabling Audio : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

After updating the BIOS enable the CSM or Set boot mode as UEFI +Legacy, So that you can boot into SL & Yosemite

So this may sound like a stupid question but is their an easy way to tell if you have MB version 1.0 or 1.3? I was going to update to the newest bios version.

I just built a new hackintosh and wanted to update this old one to a server with Yosemite. Any help would be appreciated

So this may sound like a stupid question but is their an easy way to tell if you have MB version 1.0 or 1.3? I was going to update to the newest bios version.

I just built a new hackintosh and wanted to update this old one to a server with Yosemite. Any help would be appreciated

The REV number is printed on the motherboard. You should be able to spot it with little effort.

good luck!

Lost internet after a week or so using on board LAN. I couldnt for the life of me get it back.

Just installed a Intel EXPI9301CT Network Card Adapter I had laying around. With AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0a driver and it worked no problem after first boot up. Just in case anyone else runs into the same issues that I have.

Thanks again to this forum. Great group of people on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back