Contribute
Register

Clean Install GA-EP45-UD3P El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU
Xeon << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
9800 GTX+
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can boot to El Capitan from USB. But can not get to new installation without USB. Will try to get -v image.

Thanks for Reply: Yes finished step 5 legacy install and post install Multibeast. (http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html) and I can boot into El Capitan on clean install with USB. But when I remove USB and try to boot clean install without USB, it crashes and reboots after selecting the hard drive. Tried boot flags, but don't think I have right combo yet. I have 3 drives, (default)Yosemite, El Captitan, and Storage drive.

Just got my machine with the exact same specs upgraded...no issues. Boots fine without USB. I can take screen grabs of my multi-beast settings if it helps. I assume you are able to boot off USB without issue?

Has anyone got this board working correctly? I actually am pretty far along except I can't get my audio to work. If you got the audio working what steps did you follow?

I used the Install El Capitan on any supported Intel ....and then for step 6 I used the alternate install method because that is what another user of m y MB used. I then used the alternate ALC scripts.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them.

Post Config.plist from EFI Partition.

Any chance we can get screen grabs of your Multi Beast settings micahman33?

+1

Waiting for this screen to install this on UD3L.

Just after Clover boot screen I get loop reboot.

What options are you guys activated on boot to get it work?

I just finished using my MBP to download 10.11.3 install app and create a Legacy Mode USB installer for El Capitan, choosing my formatted USB, El Capitan, Legay Mode and Inject nVidia (for the 9800GT GPU) and building it.

I the inserted it into a USB port on the back of my GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.6 board with BIOS FE and booted it with F12 to select the USB. Erased one of my test drives and installed El Capitan with absolutely no problems, rebooted to the USB again, selected the HFS+ icon and booted into OS X setup. Finished setting up and creating a user and got to desktop.

Went to http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3 and downloaded MultiBeast for ElCapitan and made these choices:
MultiBeast.png
built and installed it. Ejected the USB and removed it, then rebooted. Opened Preferences and set sound to Internal Speakers Built In. I now have audio and networking and it is booting from the hard drive.
No DSDT required at this point, but I still need to check sleep/wake and power management.
About This Mac.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-10 at 7.14.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-03-10 at 7.15.16 PM.png
EDIT: Short term (1/2 hour) auto sleep/wake working, going to leave it on overnight ans see if it wakes tomorrow.
Intel Power Gadget refuses to install - says unsupported CPU. Have to try something else.

EDIT 2: Sleep/wake over night works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back