Contribute
Register

Clean Boot with Unibeast USB but not without ?? (Cpu Panic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-3960
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Hi all, I did a Lion installation last night on a spare drive to test it out. The installation went as smooth as vanilla ice thanks to Tony and MacMan's incredibly slick Unibeast. The first boot after installation using the USB boot device also gave me a clean boot into Lion with graphics, network all working but no audio.

I then ran Multibeast and chose only the audio driver and user dsdt options, then I rebooted without the USB and got a kernel panic on the cpu "no hpet on cpu 7"

I then did a clean install again, rebooted into the new Lion installation, ran multibeast and this time I chose the EasyBeast option with the audio driver and again when I rebooted without the USB it gives a kernel panic on the cpu.

I then went into bios, turned OFF Multithreading on the the CPU but then I still get a kernel panic, this time with the message "no hpet on cpu 3"

I then took this very same installation of Lion that would not boot by itself and I booted it using the USB device created with Unibeast and voila it boots perfectly.

What am I missing ??? Why is it giving me a clean boot from the USB device but not when using the Chimera/Chameleon that Multibeast installs?

Would appreciate some help in figuring out what I am doing wrong.

Finally figured this out, for some reason running Multibeast on the first boot does not always work. I now have a clean, stable and fast OSX lion. If you're having undesirable results booting after running multibeast, simply boot from the USB back into Lion and run Multibeast again and it should clear up your problems.

Yeah, running MB a few times sorts out things quite a bit. I don't know why though since if it ran successfully the first time, then what did it install in the first place? :think:

Currently learning all things Mac OS X. :geek:

mitchellk said:
Finally figured this out, for some reason running Multibeast on the first boot does not always work. I now have a clean, stable and fast OSX lion. If you're having undesirable results booting after running multibeast, simply boot from the USB back into Lion and run Multibeast again and it should clear up your problems.

How did you do this? Every time I try to boot from the USB I get a KP the same if I did without the USB. After running Multibeast my system just crashes on boot no matter what I do.

momavujisic said:
mitchellk said:

How did you do this? Every time I try to boot from the USB I get a KP the same if I did without the USB. After running Multibeast my system just crashes on boot no matter what I do.

Do you mean your very first boot with the usb to get into the OS, ie. straight after installation ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back