Contribute
Register

Classifieds section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestion- and it's one I've been thinking about for some time. For now, we're not doing Classifieds. But it's on the back burner and heating up. We'll implement this at some point for sure.

Keep up the suggestions- I'm listening. :D

Second that :thumbup:

plus an increasing number of hackintosh prime components are going out of stock (or fetching silly prices) making it harder or expensive to build you first hackintosh.

and with sandy bridge out there a hack built out of 2nd hand components makes perfect sense.

perhaps there could be a donation fee available to tonymacx86 to make up for the extra effort in mantaining a classified section...

crowfunding ;)

Judah said:
eelhead said:
And a great place to sell modded G5 cases that fit an ATX board :D

Or even modded cables for the front IO panel on a G5.
Once I have recovered from this first build perhaps lol!
lmao I am finding this to be adventurous to say the least.
I had an idea to snag empty ones and do them up so people would just buy them and all they would have to do is slap a mobo and stuff in it with out the headache of modding it because it's all done already. I don't know what the market for that is lol

+1 !

I would love to sell my quad core 775 3Ghz Gigabyte MB and processor !

A classified area ( or separate site just for this... ) would be great as beginners could
start with a known working setup; and others of us could recoup some of the funds ( and the space... ) as we move onward.

It's a little too bad we can't at last put one or two items in our signatures-- at least until there's some kind of classified board.

It seems like a big waste to not be recycling known-compatible parts through this community!

For instance, I just got an Apple Cinema Display so I have to swap one video card (that works perfectly with OS X) for virtually the same card, but with a mini-display port. I just ordered the new card; I'm in a country, Germany, where video cards are more expensive and availability isn't what it was back in the U.S (where I'm from); and someone here could make much better use of the card than a random eBay buyer...

I'd be the first to donate $10 a year to post in a classified system here.

tbh i dont think a classifieds section for regular hardware is needed.
there is already hundreds of shops out there, and ebay etc.

what i think would be good is a classifieds for hackintosh only items, eg. stickers, g5 cables, etc.

that way, the section gets needed parts and items that cant be found elsewhere and specific to the hackintosh community, not some seller with 5 posts trying to get rid of his q6600 and p965 mobo for more than hed get on ebay

samisnake said:
tbh i dont think a classifieds section for regular hardware is needed.
there is already hundreds of shops out there, and ebay etc.

what i think would be good is a classifieds for hackintosh only items, eg. stickers, g5 cables, etc.

that way, the section gets needed parts and items that cant be found elsewhere and specific to the hackintosh community, not some seller with 5 posts trying to get rid of his q6600 and p965 mobo for more than hed get on ebay
I kinda like that idea, set up something with the hard to find items or hack modded items.
Say case mod items, the USB Apple blue tooth mod and even the Airport mod. If people have them or are selling them for a reasonable price then that would be a great place to get hack hardware and accessories. You know the stuff you don't find on Amazon, eBay or Craigslist.
Of course reasonable pricing would have to be the key that some sellers don't quite get, I understand making money but sometimes some people get crazy.

even things like the airport card though, there is no skill or reason itd need to be sold on here imo.
piece of pee to do, with a lot of info on here on how to get the parts and put it together. 2 minute job.
there are lots of standard wireless g cards too, eg belkins, that work oob too.

thats where i think a restricted classifieds would fall down. whos to say what is allowed and what isnt.

samisnake said:
even things like the airport card though, there is no skill or reason itd need to be sold on here imo.
piece of pee to do, with a lot of info on here on how to get the parts and put it together. 2 minute job.
there are lots of standard wireless g cards too, eg belkins, that work oob too.

thats where i think a restricted classifieds would fall down. whos to say what is allowed and what isnt.
To you and I some things are very easy to build or create but to others not so much. Even something as simple as the modded airport card could be hard for somebody to put together. If they were easy to everybody they wouldn't sell on ebay for $80 - $100 bucks a pop at time. I made mine for $25 bucks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back