Contribute
Register

Circle with slash trouble when trying to boot installer of High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least, I try to. ;)
I try to as well. I tried to add AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and AHCI_Intel_Generic_Sata.kext into s/l/e on my sierra boot disk,but no luck.Maybe I was wrong that this is hdd problem.I attached screen that explains why I think this is hdd problem, look at it, maybe I'm wrong

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-09-27 в 18.05.03.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-09-27 в 18.05.03.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 177
So I finally managed to install High Sierra.

What I did: Install all Hackintosh specific kexts (from /L/E, /S/L/E respectively) to the EFI partition of the boot drive (/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/), simultaneously upgrading those to the latest version. That did it for me. :)

I have the same issue, and I’m just trying to boot a USB installer drive that I made using Tony’s instructions. I’ve remade the drive a few times, and been careful to follow the instructions exactly.

Attachments

• 2526E226-2DC4-4E2D-A9CA-F804F99132F9.jpeg
    2526E226-2DC4-4E2D-A9CA-F804F99132F9.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 132
  • F84BF667-1F37-4F16-938E-B2DE46B816D4.jpeg
    F84BF667-1F37-4F16-938E-B2DE46B816D4.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 116
So, I upgraded to High Sierra on a secondary system and hit two speedbumps that might help you all out.

The first is that circle with a slash comes up often if you are not in a USB 2.0 port (typically the one under the Ethernet port, but that can vary).

But, in my case, I upgraded an external SSD to High Sierra, it rebooted and I got the circle with a slash no boot sign, then I connected it to that USB 2.0 port and it booted!

The second speed bump is that I tried both Clover 4220 and 4233 and I got the same thing, when booting from my internal NVMe drive. So, first I upgraded the external SSD to Clover 4243 and it booted. I tried the same thing with the internal NVMe (clover 4243) and it wouldn't (circle with a slash).

Then I copied all the Clover files in the working booting external SSD drive and after deleting the same in the NVMe drive, I pasted the Clover files from the working booting external SSD drive to the NVMe drive, and it booted. It's been fine ever since. (NOTE: When I mean everything, I mean everything - all the files and directories in the Clover partition - with the exception of one directory).

I do think there's something not quite perfect about these later Clover packages, and you have to be aware that you might think you're overwriting something when you're changing Clover versions, but sometimes it doesn't quite work.

Last edited:
removed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back