Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Guys in a moment of absolute stupidity, I loaded a kext from an old mac drive and now I need to fix it (I'm getting the circle with slash in it on boot).

My day went bad when I put in a USB hd stick and got a message saying my IOUSBmassstorage kext was improperly installed. Without thinking I used Kextbeast to install it from my desktop from an old drive :banghead: I have ideas of how to fix it, but I'm figuring today is clearly NOT my day for bright ideas so I need info on how to fix this without having to reinstall the OS

(On a side note I think this is the heavens reminding me when I get it working, I need to clone my system drive)

Have you tried booting via iBoot disc?

singh99 said:

(disregard this post. Some days I'm an idiot. LOL I can build computers, I can do Calculus/Physics, but some days I make some boneheaded mistakes.)

:banghead: :headbang: o_O

OK this is what happens when you build a few hacks and then you no longer read directions. ) I'm gonna try putting the same OS on a different drive, copying over the extensions I screwed up, then repairing permissions.

Once I get this back up, I'll take the steps I've been putting off, and clone my startup drive.

singh99 said:

I got it back up and running. I just needed to get a good extension set going and repair permissions. :headbang:

This happens to me sometimes if the HD and Screen goes to sleep. When I try to wake the computer, it just fails over and over again.

I do a hard reset, and see in BIOS that it has changed back to IDE. So it was not having AHCI enabled that was causing the error on boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back