Graphics
MSI GTX 1050 TI 4GT LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Today I bought a Corsair x64 SSD. I used Superduper to copy my current 10.6.7 installation to that SSD.

The system starts up fine and programs start superfast but Google Chrome is VERY slow. If do the same in Safari then its fine.

Any ideas why it is so slow? Shouldn't be slow with a SSD or?

Anyone else having trouble with Chrome and SSD?

Re: Crome really slow after I moved to SSD

I'm fine, have you run TRIM enabler? I'd try that, delete chrome, and then reinstall.

Re: Crome really slow after I moved to SSD

Hi. Yes I have Trim enabled. I used "Trim Support enabler".

I will try to do a complete reinstall. Its been a while since I did that.

Anyone else with SSD that run Chrome?

Me :) No issue here, on dev channel though.

OK, what SSD are you using? Clean install on that SSD or did you copy it from an HD

Clean install with my P8P67 Deluxe guide, It's a OCZ Vertex 3 SATAIII drive...

OK, now I have done a clean install. And Chrome was working just fine. Fine I thought. All I needed was a clean install

But then I ran Trim Support Enabler. And after that Chrome is slow again. Strange?

Can Trim really make your SSD so much slower?

niclasc said:
OK, now I have done a clean install. And Chrome was working just fine. Fine I thought. All I needed was a clean install

But then I ran Trim Support Enabler. And after that Chrome is slow again. Strange?

Can Trim really make your SSD so much slower?

It shouldn't. Are you sure your ssd supports trim? It might be slower then if it does not. Mines running at 500MB/s +!

It has the latest firmware which should support Trim. And it says in "System Profiler" that Trim is supported after running "Trim Support Enabler"

Now I ran "Trim Support Enabler" and removed Trim. After a reboot everything is fine again. Chrome runs like it should.

I dont understand this

I had the same issue on my macbook pro with trim enabler and a OCZ SSD, it just doesn't seem read for prime-time so I've disabled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back