Contribute
Register

Chris' Build GA-Z87-HD3 i5-4670 Intel 4600 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, rockinwaggy,

I have an identical Hackintosh build - same motherboard, CPU and GPU. And I am struggling with running HD4600. I am newbie here, but almost read all threads regarding HD4600 framebuffers, updated AppleIntelFrambufferAzul.kext, and no success. Always getting this:

**** [ IOBluetoothHCIController ][protectedBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- connected to the transport successfully -- 0x6000 -- 0x8800 – 0xf400 ****

And stuck after that. If AppleIntelHD* and framebuffer kexts removed from S/L/E, then I can boot, even my HD4600 is recognized.
Already tired of all that... :)

Could you share your "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" ?

Sure thing.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks! Indeed my configuration is the same, so I've reinstalled everything, managed to run installer with native monitor resolution and after that there have been no problems related with booting or integrated graphics :)

Nice job, I also started with the Z87 and 4670(K) and integrated 4600 Graphics but then using a 2560x1440 monitor. It did work, had to make the same Chimera-adjustments as you did (but then using <string>"2560x1440x32"</string> of course). But in my case, even playing lowres video's full screen made the computer generating a very low framerate. Also visualisation of brushes in Photoshop was crappy (thats where I use the Hackintosh for mostly). So I ended up adding a MSI GeForce GTX 660 Gaming (because the gaming was cheaper then the regular one).

Instead of the Corsair CX600, I installed the CS550, which is ok for most use. Only when leaving a game in replaymode for a few hours (roomies...) I could actually smell the power suply a bit and it was quite hot. To put in in perspective, i've one SSD and two 3TB 3,5" HDD's installed.

Audio was working, but not after waking up. Installing Realtek AC892 from previous version of MultiBeast did work.

Only problem I still have is that the computer won't boot or wake-up when drives are connected via usb. So when I leave my cardreader with memorycard plugged in and the computer goes to sleep, hitting the keyboard without removing the card will cause the computer to freeze.

Huh. I've had no playback issues like you're describing. Flash used to occasionally kill audio, but it seems after I updated chrome (had auto-update off), it seems to be better.

I have brush problems in Photoshop too. If I click with content-aware removal for example, sometimes the cursor won't go away or make a mark until I click on ANOTHER area. This then leaves me with the mark I wanted and one that I didn't. Haven't found a way to fix it yet. I've been thinking it's graphics all along.

I'm using ALC892 drivers from MB 6.1. I updated to 6.3 and it broke, as did 6.2. So I just re-ran MB 6.1 and rebooted. No problems ever since and I haven't changed any of the new Chimera 3.0.1 settings in my boot plist.

I've never had any issues with usb like that, except for one time. I think it was either a fluke or a bad setting.

What are you ECHI AND XCHI SETTINGS? My XCHI mode is Smart Auto and XCHI/ECHI Hand-offs are Enabled. I can't test with any USB 3 devices, but my USB 2 stuff works fine in any port, even on the front USB 3 header.

Enabled HDMI Audio. HD4600/ALC892 on GA-Z87-HD3 Rev 1.1.

With IOJones I found that:

DVI = 0x5
HDMI= 0X6
ND= 0X7 (I guess. The only other port is VGA which is null under OS X)

Thus, I ran Toleda's "graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-c-90_patch.command.zip" patch. Rebooted, selected my tv (TOSHIBA-TV in my case) as my audio source and audio plays as expected. Thumbs up to Toleda and everyone involved..

What are you ECHI AND XCHI SETTINGS? My XCHI mode is Smart Auto and XCHI/ECHI Hand-offs are Enabled. I can't test with any USB 3 devices, but my USB 2 stuff works fine in any port, even on the front USB 3 header.

Sweeeeeeet, you're my hero. It XCHI was already enabled (theres no Smart Auto on my Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H) but ECHI Hand-off was disabled. After enabling it still gives me this mesage on startup:

foto1-1-2.jpg

but not this one anymore, it just boots. So happy!

foto2-1-2.jpg

I love this website :thumbup:

No problem. I'm glad you got it running.

Edit: Do you have a USB Card Reader plugged into the computer? If so, that's your problem. Mine does it too, but it doesn't hurt anything. Just an annoyance message.

rockinwaggy, big thumbs up for your posts here. I've done MANY hackintosh installs, the z87-hd3 has been by far the most troublesome. I've almost go it nailed down thanks to you.

Having some difficulties with the HDMI audio, however. After running the MB 6.1 ALC892 and Toleda's script, my monitor shows up in the Output preferences pane. But when I try to adjust the volume, I get the circle with a line through it but I do have audio! I ran IOJones and verified my HDMI is 0x7 to ensure I had the correct script.

Any ideas? Thanks!

1.I've done MANY hackintosh installs, the z87-hd3 has been by far the most troublesome.

2. y monitor shows up in the Output preferences pane. But when I try to adjust the volume, I get the circle with a line through it but I do have audio! I ran IOJones and verified my HDMI is 0x7 to ensure I had the correct script.

1. Funny. My build has been extremely easy thanks to all the guides. Only real big issues I've had were the boot0 error because of my SSD using 4k blocks (fixed in 2 mintues) and audio dying because of broken kexts (fixed in 2 mins via Backups). Other than that, it's solid as a rock and I love it, especially for the price point.

2. You can never, ever adjust volume through the PC when using HDMI output. It is controlled by the destination, such as your TV or Audio Receiver. It is a function of the design. If you have audio output and you can't adjust the volume on the computer, it is functioning as intended.

If you ever need any more help, post up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back