Contribute
Register

Chris' Build GA-Z87-HD3 i5-4670 Intel 4600 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I've seen that is a little off right now is that the sound goes out after the computer goes to sleep. Once rebooted, it works normally.

I just discovered that Multibeast 6.2.1, which I used for my build, has a bug in the ALC892 kext file. Most users with the "sound not working after waking from sleep" issue are reporting that installing the ALC892 kext from Multibeast 6.1.0 fixes the problem.

Tim

Hey Rockinwaggy !

I am building this build as i type, so first of all thanks for this !

One question what did you do with the BIOS/UEFI settings ?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Jacobus

Updated to Chimera 3.0.1 today. Rebooted with no issues. Repaired disk permissions and did my weekly 1:1 backup of my OS SSD. Updated to 10.9.3 from the combo installer. Rebooted perfectly, installed audio drivers and trim support from multibeast 6.2.2. Repaired disk permissions again and rebooted.

No issues as of yet. I think one of the updates solved my intermittent grey screen hang on boot. My secondary screen (HDMI on mobo to DVI at display) lights up grey with my main (DVI) is black. A second or two later, both screens come on as normal and I continue on my way. Hopefully it's fixed. I never did get it solved before.

Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 1.52.29 AM.jpg

Good Job!

What Identifier and Model did you use on this Build? I have the same Mobo from another build, just wanted to see which one is correct to use. I currently have MacPro 3, 1

MB 6.2.2 killed my audio after sleep. Seems if you let it sleep and immediately wake, it doesn't kill it, which is why I didn't mention it. After sleeping for a night, it was dead upon wake.

Reverted back to MB 6.10's audio driver.

The same occurred on my Z87MX system - no audio upon wake-up from long sleep. However, it came back in a minute or so. (I had to do something and didn't want to reboot at that moment.) Look for updates soon with MultiBeast 6.3.

Updated to the MB 6.3 audio kext. Working ok initially. We'll see about sleep next week.

Added a WD20EZRX today to replace my MBPs WD7500BPKT for my main data drive. So far so good. I'll keep an eye on the LCC to see if I need to change the head parking delay. It's just about as fast, if not bit faster, than the 750 gig drive. Sounds good to me.

Edit: No dice with the 6.3 audio. Killed after sleep and wouldn't come back. Reverted to 6.1's audio kext and hdaenabler. Working fine so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back