Contribute
Register

Chris' Build GA-Z87-HD3 i5-4670 Intel 4600 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Audio drops out with flash videos and distorts in certain sound apps, like Garageband. It's done that since Mavericks 10.9.1.

The clover injection doesn't suffer from these issues. I modified the ResetHDA.app to only kill coreaudiod, not unload/load AppleHDA.kext. It has solved my wake from sleep issues thus far.

Stardate Nov 23, 2014

iMessage and Facetime logged out and show the customer code again. Switched to iMac 14,2 a few weeks ago which I then called and got the block removed.

The block is back. Apple seems to be upping their game. I'm assuming it's actually in response to security reasons, but still, it affects us all.

Just wanted to update the post.

Currently running 10.10.1. 10.10.2 is available but I'm going to hold off as it was causing some weird issues on my MBP.

The no audio from wake problem is now fixed per this from http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/151504-no-audio-after-sleep-wake-realtek-alc-applehda-fixes.html.

Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

1. credit: TimeWalker75a #20, No sound after waking from sleep
  2. set boot flag: darkwake=8
  3. Installation example, credit: Rickmywirry, Post #4
    1. No sound after sleep - ALC892 - Yosemite + Clover

Occasionally I get some weirdness with plugging my MBP in via ethernet to do data transfers. This occurred when copying music via Home Sharing on iTunes over the computer-to-computer ethernet cable. As in, the Hack won't set itself a IP address, but the MBP will get its IP from the DHCP server on the Hack. Rebooting the hack solved the problem. I installed the latest driver of Meize's RTL8111 build after that, so maybe it was just a fluke.

Things are still working well. Now that sleep + audio work well together, I never shutdown the machine. No major issues thus far.

Reinstalled OS X by running the installer over the old install, then updating to 10.10.1, then 10.10.2. No issues and all is well.

Installed 10.10.3 from the dmg update file. Still working strong. I gave the system its annual clean out. Dust came out of the PSU for ages. Much better now and quieter. Lightroom was working the cpu hard one night and core temps got almost to 70*. No good. I need a better cooler than the stock one anyways.

The machine is working great. No real issues, other than the lame iTunes HDCP issues. I was really looking forward to watching movies on here. Oh well.

Still running Yosemite, 10.10.5. I saw some earlier reports of issues with USB 3 and 10.11, so I haven't jumped ship. May not for a little while, as the machine generally performs fine. I do have 16GB of RAM on the way. I'm going to put it in the other RAM channel, as it's a 2x8 kit. I already have a 2x4 kit in. The ram is the same spec for spec, other than capacity. I contemplated maxing out to 32GB, but one that's overkill for my usage, and two not worth the cost. I figured I'd make an in between leap to 24GB. Should be interesting.

After that, I am in serious need of a larger OS SSD, likely a 500GB eventually, and maybe a graphics card. I'm thinking a 660ti would be a good bet, as I could get it used at a decent price and use Apple drivers with it. After that, CPU cooler and some more internal data storage.

The only issues I have these days lies in software. Sometimes Finder will do some weird BS where I can't drag and drop files out of stacks in my dock. Killing Finder and Dock don't help. A reboot solved it. Aside from that and a random instant logout I had the other day, all is well. Overall, far better than my macbook pro.

Got the RAM in. Enabled XMP Profile 1 in the BIOS and that's it. No crashes as of yet, about 1.5 days. I will be taxing the RAM to the max tomorrow, but all should be well. It tested fine with an 8 hour memtest session with 3.5 passes (stopped it because I had to get to work).

Screenshot 2016-02-22 11.49.54.jpg

Running 10.11.5 now. Installation was only possible thru an update like a normal mac. Updating through a usb key didn't work.

I now have USB 3 working fully with iPad charging at max 2.1A. No DSDT (I used to use one, but had trouble making a fresh one that worked, so no more), no extra usb kexts like others have done, and no dsdt patches.

I am only utilizing a Kext patch via clover

Code:
<dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <string>remove usb limit</string>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>
                                g72M/v//EA==
                                </data>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>
                                g72M/v//Fg==
                                </data>
                       </dict>

All ports work as expected.

Note: for those that don't know what's going on here, El Capitan imposes a max usb port limit of 15. Each usb 3 port counts as two (one for usb2 and the other for usb 3), so the count adds up very quickly. This patch raises the limit to a better (I think) 21. In my case, some ports worked on usb 3, but all worked for usb 2. Now, all work in with both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back