Contribute
Register

Choppy Maverick using 4820k, incompatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7 3930k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello dear folks on Tonymacx86, i am recently helping my friend to set up his first hackintosh using 10.9.2 and managed to got the system installed, MB/GPU recognized but everything remains very choppy and unusable. SO I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY INPUT, THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

His system is like this

i7 4820k
GA-X79-UP4 (BIOS F5)
Gigabyte GTX 770
Kingston 64GB 1600mhz hyperx 8x8gb
Intel 530 SSD
etc.

I managed to make it into the installer after reading this helpful post: (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...igabyte-x79-up4-3930k-gtx-690-ocz-vertex.html)

and so i booted into the installer with "npci=0x2000 -f GrahpicsEnabler=No cpus=1" (in the post above he used 0x3000 but didn't work for me), everything was slow---- the progress indicator spinned choppily in the apple screen, and the mouse/ window animation all ran choppily after i finally got into the installation screen.

After all the waitings for the computer to respond to everything i do in the installer, i finished the installation and boot into the system, things are still very choppy just like in installation screen. After i patiently installed Multibeast and VoodooTSCSync kext with the computer being extremely slow as if i was installing Maverick onto a G3, i rebooted the system and no more need of using cpus=1, but still "npci=0x2000 -f"

So after the Multibeast and VoodooTSCSync got installed and rebooted. It seems that everything gets recognized: audio/Ethernet works, GPU recognized as GTX770, CPU recognized as 4.2Ghz Quadcore Xeon tho.

However the performance is still very choppy, everything Graphic remains lagging and unusable (except when typing in TextEdit, characters are shown real time), but it shuts down a lot quicker now, as it is supposed to.

I suspect it is the 4820k's problem but i read that it is being supported since 10.9.2 (my installer is already 10.9.2)
And i also tried NVidia's web driver, still no luck.

Any input will be appreciated! THANK YOU VERY MUCH dear Tonymacxers.

for reference my multibeast options were:

(DSDT Free)
Audio: Without DSDT ALC892
Disk: 3rd Party SATA, Trim Enabler 10.9.0 TRIM Patch
Misc: EvOreboot, FakeSMC v5.3.820, NullCPUPowerManagement
Network: AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
System: AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset (automatically selected)
Bootloaders: Chimera v2.2.1

Boot Options: Generate CPU States,
Hibernate Mode - Desktop,
PCI Root ID Fix,
Use KernelCache,
System Definitions: Mac Pro 5, 1

I'm having exactly the same problems as you. I use Gigabyte x79 up4, evga gtx760, and i7 4820k.

=(

I tried to move my Graphics Card to different slots, no luck.
I tried all kinds of flags when booting, no luck.
I tried messing around with my Bios settings, no luck.

Any smart strangers out there can help us out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back