MSI GTX 560 ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want to get an SSD thinking 128 gig is good size (half for lion other half for windows install) are there any recomended ones to get? I was thinking about the crucial M4 :D

Crucial M4 is really good!
But don't install OS X and windows on one SSD. Seperate the OS that you use to each one drive !

Windows don't needs a SSD, you won't see any advantage in gaming. Only for loading game scenes.

I have dual Crucial M4s (One for OS X and the other for Win7) - Both work brilliantly!

Initially, I had one drive for both Win7 and OS X, but this really did not work well at all! Therefore I echo Coupz in saying go for dual drives, double the cost, but will be much more robust and you wont regret it.

Cannot fault these drives one bit...I do a lot of photo and video editing in both OS X and Win 7 and I have never had any problems with them (touch wood).

I believe SanDisk 120Gb is pretty good also, but don't have any experience with them - maybe others could comment on this.

Hope this helps.

J

Top players in the game:

Crucial m4
Intel 5xx series
Sandisk Extreme
Mushkin Chronos Deluxe
OCZ Vertex 4
Kingston 5k series

Mid range:

Crucial C300
Intel 3xx series
Sandisk Deluxe
Mushkin Chronos Enhanced
Kingston 3k Series
OCZ Agility/Vertex 3

I have the Crucial M4 and was thinking of dual booting OS X and win 7 on it. What were the problems you saw in doing this?

Thanks guys for all the help just ordered the crucial m4 128 gig :) and later on I'll order another for windows.

Go to Passmark Benchmarks.
They have special sections for SSD.
They also have a nice feature drives cards and cpus are rated by bang for buck.

Also check reviews at New Egg.
Look at number of bad ratings versus good.
Also do it by date most recent.

It seems every company has bad runs of good models.
10-20% failure rate judging by reviews of many drives.

Take some of the bad reviews with a grain of salt.
Some of these people would light a match to see inside their gas tank if fuel gauge did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back