Contribute
Register

Choosing a case without Mesh or RGB - Fractal Design has the best options

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last case option for this thread. You want maximum airflow for your new i9 build. You don't want RGB, maybe not even a glass panel. What's the best option. Again, Fractal has a high airflow case so you can air-cool CPUs and graphics cards that run really hot. Especially 12th and 13th gen Intel i7 and i9 chips.

Fractal Design Torrent Compact​

https://www.newegg.com/black-fractal-design-torrent-compact-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811352152

Two front 180mm fans that really move a lot of air. It's why they call it the torrent.

1671937655891.png

Get a solid side panel or choose glass. Solid is ten dollars more.

They've even got a mini-ITX version (the Nano) with a solid side panel. Sells for $99 now at Amazon.

Again, Matt is a perfectionist that prefers Fractal Design cases combined with Noctua fans for air cooling. Your build may never look this perfect but it gives you an idea of what Professional builders do to "wow" their customers.

You'll spend a lot more money and time to do something like this. If you have a lot of both of those, why not ?

I have my FD Define 7 Compact. Taking a closer look. Still waiting for parts to arrive via UPS. All I can say is that I got way more than I paid for. I bought the $75 black with glass side panel version. It is worth at least $120. Too bad that the white edition is not available at this price. Really nothing else under 100 USD that competes with this. If white, with the silver AL front panel was available for $75, I'd probably choose that. Looks absolutely stunning, even in pictures.

These pics are from a Newegg reviewer, lucky enough to get the white version. I've never owned an ATX mid-tower with this level of build quality. The paint job, fit and finish are literally perfect. By far, much better than the Corsair 4000D which sells many more units than the Define 7. Mainly because the 4000D has front mesh, which is the latest case feature people want. If you do need a new case and like all black cases, don't miss out on this. The price will go back up in 2023.

The Chromax CPU cooler, Gigabyte Vision D mobo and fans are perfect for this build. Would make an awesome hackintosh audio workstation. The right side panel, front and top all have sound dampening material. You can also get a solid metal left side panel too. I'd guess the owner of this has the glass side panel. The lighted white fans are perfect here. No silly Rainbow RGB fans that so many people use today.

1672140039690.png

1672140146097.png

1672142046349.png

It's definitely not a Hackintosh. They installed a 2070 gfx card instead of AMD. A 6800XT would be great in this.

With the now rare, metal side panel in place. No Glass ! No fingerprints visible and no risk of breaking.
1672143067340.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks like the excellent $75 deal is over as 2022 has ended. Hope you got one. Really like mine. Quietest build ever. Can't tell that it's on unless I look at the front power button light. I've got 4 fans running in it. Two Noctua and two that are from FD. They came with the case. Not bad for 75 bucks plus shipping. Cost is $138 shipped now if you want the glass side panel.

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 6.35.14 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back