Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hello all !

So, I've finally installed Windows 8.1 to my Hackintosh, basically for some school programs and some First-Person shooters. The install went smoothly, but now, I cannot boot into Chimera without using the Unibeast USB key or the chimera bootloader installed on my recovery drive (OS X 10.6.8).

So, I tried :
-Re-installing Chimera (2.2.1, the last version downloadable on the tonymacx86 website)
-Doing the Boot1h repair (which I have already done before for the other, obvious, reason : 1TB bootdrive with 2 partitions)

So, that's no exhaustive list, so if any of you guys have another solution for me, I'd be glad to accept your advice !

With my thanks,
Clovel
:)

Hello all !

So, I've finally installed Windows 8.1 to my Hackintosh, basically for some school programs and some First-Person shooters. The install went smoothly, but now, I cannot boot into Chimera without using the Unibeast USB key or the chimera bootloader installed on my recovery drive (OS X 10.6.8).

So, I tried :
-Re-installing Chimera (2.2.1, the last version downloadable on the tonymacx86 website)
-Doing the Boot1h repair (which I have already done before for the other, obvious, reason : 1TB bootdrive with 2 partitions)

So, that's no exhaustive list, so if any of you guys have another solution for me, I'd be glad to accept your advice !

With my thanks,
Clovel
:)

What happens when you try to boot your OS X install?

Hi.

Well, when I hit F12 to choose my OS X drive, it hangs a little, the starts to boot Win8. When I disconnect the Win8 drive my bios gives me an error, something like "Boot Drive inexistent. Connect a bootable OS to your system" (paraphrasing, I forgot the exact phrasing of the error)

Hi.

Well, when I hit F12 to choose my OS X drive, it hangs a little, the starts to boot Win8. When I disconnect the Win8 drive my bios gives me an error, something like "Boot Drive inexistent. Connect a bootable OS to your system" (paraphrasing, I forgot the exact phrasing of the error)

Check that you have the OS X partition active (use fdisk). And check that the bootloader is installed correctly (eg. re-install it if necessary)... including the boot0 fix if you have a 4k/AF disk.

Ok, so I solved the issue by installing Mavericks and Chimera (Clean Install fixed it, tu put it in another way).

But now I have more serious issues with my boot drive (mind you, Chimera is working FINE !)
I'll make a new post, as it doesn't (or does it ?) concern Multi-booting.

Now, when I boot into Mav, I get the Apple Logo screen and the repair disk loading bar. Three attempts, and no results. So I boot into Unibeast or my safety ML drive (clean install, nothing installed on it) and repair the disk with the Disk Utility. It worked one out of 10 times, and when I would get a green line (Repair Succesful !) I could boot again. But those times are over (and lasted two days and 2 clean installs of Mavericks) and now the disk is unrepairable.

And It will happen again, I'm sure. So if anyone has a solution, I'd be delighted. I'll be posting on Post-Install section too.

Thanks
Clovel

And It will happen again, I'm sure. So if anyone has a solution, I'd be delighted. I'll be posting on Post-Install section too.

Thanks
Clovel

Best to put OS X on a separate drive from Win8.1. Which do you use most often? With Black Friday sales on, SSD's are relatively inexpensive. Put OS X on SSD and use the partition on the 2Tb drive for file storage. Or, put Win8 on SSD and use its partition as file storage.

Thanks for your advice, but my Windows system is already on a separate drive. And issues keep coming. Also, I cannot benefit from the Black Friday Sales, as I live in France, and everything is expensive here, even on the internet.

Thanks anyways,
Clovel

Thanks for your advice, but my Windows system is already on a separate drive. And issues keep coming. Also, I cannot benefit from the Black Friday Sales, as I live in France, and everything is expensive here, even on the internet.

Thanks anyways,
Clovel
Apologies for my error. OK, Windows and OS X are on separate drives, so makes it easier to troubleshoot only the OS X. If the OS X drive SATA cable is disconnected, can you boot Windows? If answer is yes, we can proceed. If no, then re-install Windows, making sure you install Legacy and not UEFI by hitting Function hot key that allows you to select a device to boot from during the boot POST. Make sure you select the NON-UEFI device, whether USB or optical disc drive and that the Windows HDD is only HDD/SSD connected.

Please disconnect Wondows drive SATA cable while troubleshooting OS X problems.

Are you able to get to the desktop of OS X? Or can you boot UniBeast and get to the Utilities->Terminal and type

diskutil list

and hit enter and take a pic of the screen and post it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back