PNY GTX 650 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
SOLVED!!! Chimera randomly boots OS X Yosemite to White Screen with dual boot

I'm having an issue getting my dual boot hackintosh to boot into Yosemite. About half the time in boots into OS X fine. The rest of the time it boots to a blank white screen with a mouse cursor in the top corner. If I leave Timeout=2 in my org.chameleon.plist it boots into OS X every time, but once I switch it to Timeout=0 it gives the erratic behavior. I also should add that I can tell if it is going to boot correctly by looking at the hard drive status light. I get a steady glow right before it loads up. The light turns completely off (and stays off) after the apple log screen when it fails. I have suspicions it may be related to my drive setup or possibly bluetooth, but I really don't have a clue. I have a DSDT-free motherboard and I'm using the EasyBeast setup. The only thing I changed is adding my audio driver. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Using latest Chimera and MB 7.1.1 with DSDT-free install. I have exactly this same issue, booting to the white screen with the cursor stuck in the upper left corner, but I have the 2-second wait enabled by default, so that isn't the fix for me. I know it's going to boot OK when I hear the speakers give a little thump during boot. I really need a fix for this -- sometimes it will boot OK after I push the reset button to restart, sometimes it won't. At that point, I boot into my Yosemite backup, which then does boot OK.

Not sure about BIOS boot order -- my main Yos. drive is the one selected to boot from.

Given the few responses, apparently, this is not a big issue.....

Has anyone else seen or heard of this? Still have the same problem. It is very frustrating. I also don't understand why a computer would have different behavior when I'm doing the same thing every time.

What happens if you change the org.chameleon.boot.plist key

<key>Use Kernel Cache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

to

<key>Use Kernel Cache</key>
<string>No</string>

and add -f to your boot flags?

Does it still happen?

Unbelievable! I don't want to celebrate too soon, but it worked! I've had two successful restarts in a row. You are my hero! I guess we can go ahead and mark this as solved. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back