H97M ITX
CPU
i3 4370K @ 4.0 GHz
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Hey, guys. My brother recently built me a Hackintosh, and we both had admin accounts. I deleted his account after he left. I turn on my computer to find out that my account is standard.:banghead: Which means

there is no admin account whatsoever on Yosemite. He edited a file that makes the loading screen look

more like a regular Mac. (some .plist) And now we can't go into Single User Mode. I have no Admin

access. No sudo access, and no bootloader access (to my knowledge). And using my computer without

that access sucks, for obvious reasons.

Thanks for any help!

As per my understanding, if the OS X have only one Admin account then system will not allow to remove it.

That's weird. :roll2: Because right now, I have ONE account. It's standard. And I didn't do anything manual with Terminal or anything. It's very strange.. My brother said that too. ^^^

So.. What should I do? :confused:

edit: The plot thickens, holding down command R or S does nothing.

Last edited:
That's weird. :roll2: Because right now, I have ONE account. It's standard. And I didn't do anything manual with Terminal or anything. It's very strange.. My brother said that too. ^^^

So.. What should I do? :confused:

edit: The plot thickens, holding down command R or S does nothing.

Log into the Yosemite with standard account. And try to run any of the sudo command. When it is asking for password just enter the old admin (Deleted account) password. If the command running then create a new user or convert the current standard user to admin account.

Good Luck...!

Log into the Yosemite with standard account. And try to run any of the sudo command. When it is asking for password just enter the old admin (Deleted account) password. If the command running then create a new user or convert the current standard user to admin account.

Good Luck...!

We tried all manner of combinations of new and old passwords and usernames, admin and standard, and everything in between. Yet no dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back