Contribute
Register

Chimera Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only bootflag I need now is npci=0x2000, what should I do to fix that or will applying 1080 fix it?

npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 are normally solutions for having "PCI Configuration Begin" line of text on a -v boot. Try to see if there is a way of allowing only the graphics card to be used in the bios settings. Any reference to on board HD4000 graphics please switch off.

If nothing in the bios changes the requirement to boot with npci=0x2000, then perhaps worth using the 'Verbose Boot' option under Customization in MultiBeast.

Adrian B

there are no graphics options on 2011? At least not on my motherboard

there are no graphics options on 2011? At least not on my motherboard

My reply is in moderation? Possible link to outside site might be the problem.

The verbose Boot option in MultiBeast has the following description "Adds npci=0x3000 -v to Kernel Flags in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist."

From a site listing bootflags and descriptions "npci=0x2000
npci=0x3000
If your verbose mode bootup of Mac OS X Lion or Mountain is freezing at [PCI Configuration Begin], enter the npci=0x3000 boot flag to fix it. This flag is applied by default when you install Easybeast or UserDSDT with Multibeast. The boot flag npci=0x2000 does the same thing, except that it usually only works for Lion."

I would try this, but if it does not work then I am out of ideas.

Adrian B

I tried applying verbose mode and it was unsuccessful so I uninstalled verbose mode again, still have to type in npci=0x2000 every time it boots, not the end of the world for now until we can find a solution

What is your hardware? Without this info we are just stabbing in the dark.

I am using a Gigabyte GA X79 UD3 with an i7 3930K, 32GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM a GTX780, a 120GB Boot SSD and 3x120GB SSDs for programs in RAID 0. I am running 2 Dell U2413 monitors which are 1920x1200 and I think that is about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back