Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have attempted to install OSX 10.8.4 a couple of times now, each time once I have finished multibeast and reboot the system without the flash drive I get the error Missing Operating System, even when I plug the flash drive back in I still get the same error and have to reinstall. I am using the settings suggested here:
MB settings.jpg
I need to get this Hackintosh fully functioning by the end of today and so far it isnt looking too good, I assume that the issue is with Chimera not installing correctly which is why I can't boot from that drive? I am using 4 SSDs in RAID 0 as my boot drive which may be part of the cause too?

Have attempted to install OSX 10.8.4 a couple of times now, each time once I have finished multibeast and reboot the system without the flash drive I get the error Missing Operating System, even when I plug the flash drive back in I still get the same error and have to reinstall. I am using the settings suggested here:
View attachment 63172
I need to get this Hackintosh fully functioning by the end of today and so far it isnt looking too good, I assume that the issue is with Chimera not installing correctly which is why I can't boot from that drive? I am using 4 SSDs in RAID 0 as my boot drive which may be part of the cause too?

What is the hardware?

Try installing onto a single SSD, use the latest MultiBeast as that is an old one - you can apply trim, HW Monitor & Fake SMC stuff later. Keep it simple, basics only and then add others slowly.

Adrian B

Have now got it installed on single SSD, boots fine but have to use bootflags, it won't boot without the following:

GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000*darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0

Have now got it installed on single SSD, boots fine but have to use bootflags, it won't boot without the following:

GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000*darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0

Repair your permissions in Disk Utility then open up MultiBeast and under Customization in MultiBeast, you should be able to set the following;

Graphics Enabler = No
1080P display

Reboot and see what you need to get back to the desktop.

Adrian B

My display is 1920x1200 and I am using 2 of them, will that affect this?

I have just repaired permissions and now I only need to use npci=0x2000

My display is 1920x1200 and I am using 2 of them, will that affect this?

To my knowledge it sets the basic details to 1920x1080 & 32 bit colour depth, any changes required by the monitor will then be done. Using two monitors with 1920x1200 resolution will be fine.

Adrian B

The only bootflag I need now is npci=0x2000, what should I do to fix that or will applying 1080 fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back