Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have 10.7.3 working having initially installed using custom beast. The custom beast installer (from about 3 weeks ago-late January '12) said it was installing Chimera v1. I have since run the latest version of multibeast only to get audio and trim support working after 10.7.3 update.

I am having no luck using iCloud and wondering if this is the problem. I am about to try redoing the network from the steps in the iCloud posts, but I have a few questions...

1. How do I tell what version of Chimera I am actually using?
I am an idiot - I figured that out.

2. If it does need to be updated, do I run the Chimera installer or install it via multi multibeast?

edit: this (#2) I would like to know some day to avoid the possibility of an error.

Just a little worried after reading someone in the same boat (custombeast and 6850) screwed up their machine. Thanks for any advice.

I had read that you need a recent version of Chimera when trying to access iCloud.

Anyway I am an idiot, I just rebooted after I changed my serial number, pressed space bar and there was all I needed to know right now about Chimera.

I will worry about how to update it when I have to cross that bridge, now on to tackling iCloud. I will check that link you posted, it may add some info I need to that from other posts - thanks.

Edit: Changing serial# was all I needed to do. Phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back