Graphics
Nvidia GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Sorry for posting in another section, but this is getting rather frustrating!
I'm installing OS X on a friend's computer and we've noticed that whenever chimera loads and an external drive is plugged in the spinning status bar comes to a halt at "-" and the selection screen to boot into OS X never appears. Is this a known issue? Any fixes available? I've already tried disabling booting from USB in the motherboard's BIOS but this doesn't seem to help.

jonisign said:
I'm installing OS X on a friend's computer and we've noticed that whenever chimera loads and an external drive is plugged in the spinning status bar comes to a halt at "-" and the selection screen to boot into OS X never appears. Is this a known issue? Any fixes available? I've already tried disabling booting from USB in the motherboard's BIOS but this doesn't seem to help.

I actually run chimera from a USB thumb drive and always boot from USB so... no it should not be a known issue.

jonisign said:

Yes. Do you have a Western Digital USB drive?

Workaround: Go to BIOS and Disable Legacy USB.

thanks, that worked!

Alright, new problem related to this... when disabling Legacy USB I can no longer use my keyboard during chimera boot... any way around this?

By any chance are you using an Apple wired keyboard?

It doesn't happen with USB wireless keyboard, at least on mine.

Nah it's a generic wired keyboard, dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back