1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Z68XP-UD4 / f5 bios
10.7.3 on an internal disk
Multibeast 4.3.1 + Realtek ALC8xx + Nvidia 4xx/5xx

This works great as long as I have my eSATA disk powered off or disconnected during boot. With the drive active, the chimera spinner stops before showing any bootable disks. It's completely repeatable, and it doesn't matter whether I'm booting from a USB stick or the SSD.

I didn't have this problem when I was connecting the eSATA directly to an internal sata port with a SATA-eSATA cable. (Yes I bought the wrong cable :| )

I'm sorry if my search-fu failed to turn up an existing thread on this problem.

im having the same problem with internal storage disks.......if I unplug them evertything works fine, but if they are plugged in it hangs. The storage disks are 1 TB Western Digital green drives, and I know OSX doesnt get along with these drives very well. I have been using mine for over a year now with no problems......then all of a sudden, my bootloader hangs. I dunno what the deal is. What kind of hard drive do you have plugged into your eSata? Just curious, dont know if I can help or not.....

I am having a similar problem. When I have the 2TB WD Green drive in my hotswappable sata tray, Chimera would just hangs, doesn't matter if I am trying to boot from my usb stick or another internal with Lion on it. The weird thing is, I did the install of Lion in the same tray but with a 1 TB WD Green drive. And I didn't have any problems booting up at all.

I decided to move the 1TB inside the case and put my 2TB Green drive back where it used to be(had SL running with the 2TB WD in the hotswap tray). The only way to get my system to boot is to eject the 2TB WD and then put it back in after Lion starts up. It is a pain, but not much I can do about it.

Im not sure what is happening with this. Mine hangs in the upper left hand corner of the screen. The bar starts to turn and then is just stops. It isn't a Boot0 error, the bootloader just hangs every single time until I shutdown and unplug the disks.....kind of annoying.

Just a further data point: after the 10.7.4 upgrade, I reinstalled Chimera with MultiBeast 4.5.2, and I still have the exact same symptoms.

Just a further data point: after the 10.7.4 upgrade, I reinstalled Chimera with MultiBeast 4.5.2, and I still have the exact same symptoms.

Did anyone find a solution to this issue? For some odd reason my setup has been doing the exact same thing. My system will only boot if the external eSATA drive is off.

I have th same problem with WD 2TB Green...
Everything working fine for 6 months, now Lion Or M Lion won't boot if the WD is pluged in, if I remove
WD disk evrything working fine and fast.

This is absolutely maddening!!! I have read so many posts on here where others are having the same issue yet there seems to be no definitive answers. I'm pulling my hair out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back