Contribute
Register

Chimera & GA-Z77-DS3H & HD3000 with Lion and Mtn Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep still doesn't work (only hdd and display goes to sleep, everything else is up and it is not possible to wake up machine from that half-sleep mode).

This board doesn't require patched appleintelCPUpowermanagement. Native works fine.
If you have NullCPU..., it will prevent from going to sleep.

This board doesn't require patched appleintelCPUpowermanagement. Native works fine.
If you have NullCPU..., it will prevent from going to sleep.

So you want to say that I have to delete appleintelCPUpowermanagement
and only have NullCPU...kext ? :beachball:

Hi rfhall,

I am now setting up a new mobo with 2600K and GA-Z77-DS3H for mountain lion, and I am having a lot of trouble with the HD3000.

What I did is use Unibeast to create a USB stick for installation, after that, I use multibeast 5.0.2 to install network driver and Chimera by choosing UserDSDT, and manually remove smbios.plist from /Extra afterwards.

After that I install the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFBInjector.kext to /Extra/Extensions, with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and UseKernalCache=No.

With this settings, I can never bootup the machine into Desktop, it always stop after loading all drivers. If I change GE=No, then I can get into Desktop.

Would you mind sharing your settings in details? Like, Did you use any smbios? did you apply the SSDT fix? and What is your boot.plist setting for GE and UKC?

Thanks goldyzm. I tried it also, same result as the SNBinjector.
May I ask what smbios are you using? and did you use the SSDT fix?

Thanks goldyzm. I tried it also, same result as the SNBinjector.
May I ask what smbios are you using? and did you use the SSDT fix?

Hello,

I didn't use SNBinjector and SSDT fix, just regular kexts and tonymac advice how to enable HD3000.

Those kexts I used from MultiBeast 4.6.1. - Lion Edition:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleHDA.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
HDAEnabler888b.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext

Those kexts I used from MultiBeast 5.0.2. - Mountain Lion Edition:
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleRTC.kext
ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext
EvOreboot.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Than I change what tonymac suggested in those kexts:
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

To insert kexts I used Kext Wizard tool.
Beside installing kexts I also performed Repair permissions and Rebuild cache tasks.

My smbios is Macmini5,1.

Put those those flags inside org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Also in BIOS set some values:
SATA Mode Selection = AHCI
Init Display First = IGFX
Internal Graphics = Auto
Internal Graphics Memory Size = 64M
DVMT Total Memory Size = MAX
Internal Graphics Standby Mode = Enabled
Internal Graphics Deep Standby Mode = Enabled

I used combination of MultiBeast kexts because my audio was disabled after fully enabling HD3000 graphics if I used only kexts from newest MultiBeast tool. Maybe this is just my mistake due to missing knowhow, but if I remember well above description should be the way how to enable everything except sleep mode which doesn't work for me even if I exclude AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from my Extensions folder, but sleep mode is also problematic for my MacMini Mid 2010, so I don't mind not to have it on Hackintosh :)

Hope this helps.

Also if you played with too much kexts combinations, maybe it is a good idea to reinstall OSX again or restore initial installation from some DiskUtility .dmg and than try to enable your HD3000 graphics first without any MultiBeast installations.

Anyway I do not think that direct MultiBeast approach is good concept at all. It will be better to have MultiBeast only to get all kexts in one place, in some selected folder, according to users selections. And than user have to play with selected kexts alone, to enable feature one by one, so not all of them at once and expect that on many PC configurations everything will work just like that. This is very important for us without too many experience.

So, have fun and good luck.

Thank you goldyzm, I will following your setting and try it out this weekend.
Thank you very much.

Hi there, this is my 1st post.
I have the z77 dsh3 & i7 3770K, could you please be so kind and show me your
"smbios.plist" & "org.chameleon.Boot-.plist"?
of your machine: "Hack #1: GA-Z77-DS3H, i7-3770, HD4000, 16GB DDR3, Mountain Lion".
I'll try to install SN Retail 10.6.3 and have Bootproblems.
Thanx a lot
Sascha
:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back