HP ProBook 450 G2-Clover
CPU
i7-5500U
Graphics
HD 5500, 1366x768
Hi,

I´m on Hackintoshs since 10.5.

I bought a new laptop: Samsung 300E5a, i3, HD3000 Gforce 520m

Installed 10.7 from Unibeast with no problem. I can boot in my 10.7 HD via Unibeast USB stick, but trying to boot on the HD directly, Chimera doesn´t load. No blinking Cursor, nothing. The screen is flashing up blue regularly. BIOS is set to AHCI.

I have tried everything I can think of allready (various BIOS settings, tried Chamelion).

I would be very thankful for any useful hint.

Im having the same issue actually with my lenovo z570. I have tried 3 different boot loaders and nothing. If anyone has info on this please help us.

Still not working for me.

ibuff said:
SOLVED.

Setting the BIOS to the Defaults TWICE did the trick. AHCI mode must be set to "auto" instead of "AHCI" and UEFI Boot Support has to be disabled.

I do not understand this, but it´s working.

Wrong information from my side, sorry.

I wondered that it is loading Chimera from USB Stick but not from HD. So I booted inthe the HD via USB Stick and used UniBeast to create another "USB stick version" of osx on anather partition of my HD.

After doing this and setting the BIOS to default. Chimera was loading.

I was just trying to reproduce all this, but I couldn´t. I assume:

- Either Chimera does not get installed propperly by Multibeast.
or
- A BIOS setting is the troublemaker.

As the BIOS has a very limited number of option, UEFI boot and AHCI are the only ones I can think about.

Maybe this information helps someone out there to give us a hint.

Tryed Chimera and Chamelion from single installer. None of them loads. Booting into HD via USB stick, most things are working already (Ethernet, Keyboard, Trackpad, USB, grafics.

Question: what can prevent bootloaders from loading?

Are you saying it boots via USB stick but not from internal HDD?

If so I think it's just a BIOS issue.

What sort of partition (GUID or MBR) are you using for Lion internal HDD?

If it's only GUID partition then it needs another MBR partition to boot from, that's why it boots from USB stick and not internal HDD.

Thank you for answering and sorry for the late reply.

Are you saying it boots via USB stick but not from internal HDD?
Yes.
If so I think it's just a BIOS issue.
What setting beside AHCI and UEFI boot could this be?
What sort of partition (GUID or MBR) are you using for Lion internal HDD?

If it's only GUID partition then it needs another MBR partition to boot from, that's why it boots from USB stick and not internal HDD.
Yes. It´s only GUID. I ran discutility and partitioned in GUID before installing. This is what was mentioned in all guides I read. Can you give me a hint how to get MBR and GUID Pratition on one disc?

Thank you again!

Sorry I can't give you any guides as I'm keeping mine GUID as using MBR requires patching, but if you google you should find some guides.

We can only hope Samsung implements it in future firmwares (very unlikely though).

Might have more chance with more advance laptops with better BIOS options as cheaper laptops have limited options with protected BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back