Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UDH5
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX650 TI
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I want to know if possible, how to change default chimera partition, It seems that is the first available active partition on the disk, what can I do to change it for example the second or the third, or another partition on another hdd...then I can change by pressing anything on keyboard...could it be done?
big tks

Bimbo69 said:
Hi all, I want to know if possible, how to change default chimera partition, It seems that is the first available active partition on the disk, what can I do to change it for example the second or the third, or another partition on another hdd...then I can change by pressing anything on keyboard...could it be done?
big tks

In your /extra folder you want to edit (Org.chameleon.)Boot.plist (might be different depending on your boot loader version.) Here is what mine looks like. Notice the first Key and string are default partition. Just a heads up, of me to change to my windows 7 drive as default its a bit of trial and error as the drives and partition follow no order I can find.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,1)</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>"Media"</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>4</string>
</dict>
</plist>

perfect, there is ;)
to find the hd(x,y), just pressing tab at boot screen, gives detail for all available options, kewl
big tks

Bimbo69 said:
perfect, there is ;)
to find the hd(x,y), just pressing tab at boot screen, gives detail for all available options, kewl
big tks

Yeah, the problem at least I've had is that once in OSX that all goes to hell. No matter what x,y I'm being told by any source I still end up having to try at least 2 or 3 times. But yeah..

works perfect, taking the readings from boot by pressing tab...there is all the info
big tks

Bimbo69 said:
works perfect, taking the readings from boot by pressing tab...there is all the info
big tks

Oh you mean inside chimera! I didn't know you could do that. Good to know! Thanx!

HoochShepherd said:
Bimbo69 said:
big tks

Oh you mean inside chimera! I didn't know you could do that. Good to know! Thanx!

at boot menu first you have the default partition for about 10 seconds, if you press any key once you get all the icons for every partition, by pressing tab you enter into boot menu, so you can enter options, pcirootuid -x -v etc...there you have the list of all hdd's with the "coordinates" x,y...take note of those numbers and then replace into .plist file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back