Gigabyte EX58-UD3R rev 1.6 - Sierra
CPU
Core i7 (1366)
Graphics
Nvidia
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

Ive been running my hackintosh for a few months now with no problems at all until tonight.
I restarted my machine and it will not load into my chimera bootloader, i have to use unibeast to boot my mac partion/hdd.

Ive attached a screen shot of where the system gets too and does not go any further.

Ive also tried reinstalling Chimera but that does not seem to have any effect.

If anyone can suggest a few steps that i could try to fix or reload my bootloader so that i dont have to use unibeast everytime that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Bellicus

Attachments

• IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,031
Could it be a damaged or corrupt MBR? and if so is there a way to repair it without having to reload my hackintosh?

did you ever figure this out?

i'm having a similar issue.

i "upgraded" windows 7, and ever since, my chimera bootloader won't show.

if i insert the rboot disc or the unibeast usb stick, i can get it to show. otherwise, it just boots into whatever OS i used last. i think. right now, it's booting straight into os x.

anything i can do?

Hi Nickpik

What I would try first is just run the standalone chimera installer and repair your permission for your mac volume with disk utility, and reboot your computer and make sure that your mac volume is the first boot device in your bios.

What I had to do in the end because for some reason my bootloader would not install to my mac boot volume for some weird reason was use time machine to make a full backup and use unibeast to reload my time machine backup completely. once fully restored I had to use unibeast to boot into the volume one last time and then I ran the standalone chimera installer and presto I could boot into my mac volume without unibeast or rboot.

Ever since this has happened I use time machine religiously as its so simple to restore your backup.

There might be other solutions out there like manually restoring your boot loader but Im not too sure.

Time machine restore -> Unibeast boot -> reload chimera.

Regard
Bellicus

Chimera Bootloader does not load - forum/guides no help

OK -
I have been up and down and all over the forum. I've read the 4K error problem, the boot0 error guide, manually installing chimera, re-loading chimera, etc.

Suddenly, neither OSX *NOR MY UNIBEAST Mavericks INSTALL USB STICK* will load chimera. At first, i thought corrupt chimera on the OSX drive, so I went to use unibeast on my Lion install usb stick.

now that won't load chimera either.

the boot0 check passes for both, but then I get a backslash and flashing cursor - chimera does not load.

I re-installed chimera on the stick, and checked that all the bootx files were in standalone/i386. All seems in order.

The thing is, the system was booting fine. I went to re-boot into windows (separate drive) and the boot loader stopped working.

NO IDEA WHY, as nothing had changed on OSX, and obviously nothing had changed on my *install stick* as I used that a month ago to install Mavericks.

I unplugged the OSX drive for now - the system happily boots into Win7 with no issue.

FFS please don't start any advice with "boot using unibeast" as unibeast isn't working anymore and I can't figure out why. I cannot get to the boot loader, at all.

Have the same, identical problem.
And after a first boot from USB with Yosemite, CHimera won't load anymore not even from usb.

Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back