Contribute
Register

Chimera Bootloader - Bluetooth Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System make and model names > See Rules!
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
GTS 250
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've created this topic to find an answer to this question, for myself and for others that were asking this question in another thread. See viewtopic.php?f=22&t=39278

I've purchased a Jabra a320s and it works great within Lion.

Is it possible to use a Bluetooth Keyboard or Bluetooth Apple Magic Trackpad to navigate the Chimera boot menu at startup ?

Any answer would be a good answer

Musicalchairs said:
I've created this topic to find an answer to this question, for myself and for others that were asking this question in another thread. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=39278

I've purchased a Jabra a320s and it works great within Lion.

Is it possible to use a Bluetooth Keyboard or Bluetooth Apple Magic Trackpad to navigate the Chimera boot menu at startup ?

Any answer would be a good answer
No, because no BT driver is loaded at this point. But the wireless KB i recently use works fine (click the Build for H76N in my Sig)

Wrong.....

I have two belkin adapters (F8T016 and F8T017) and they both work fine on bios and on chimera.
You just have to press a key during start up and keyboard will pair with the bluetooth dongle with legacy functions. So its solved i can wireless select my boot drive on chimera. :D

The only problem is after sleep. I did put the vendor and product id on the info.plist and the wake up option its not grayed anymore and it wakes with the keyboard, but my keyboard acts strange after sleep and my trackpad don't work. Don't know how to solve this. :( :(

CoolFX said:
Wrong.....

I have two belkin adapters (F8T016 and F8T017) and they both work fine on bios and on chimera.
You just have to press a key during start up and keyboard will pair with the bluetooth dongle with legacy functions. So its solved i can wireless select my boot drive on chimera. :D
That was new to me :thumbup:
The only problem is after sleep. I did put the vendor and product id on the info.plist and the wake up option its not grayed anymore and it wakes with the keyboard, but my keyboard acts strange after sleep and my trackpad don't work. Don't know how to solve this. :( :(
I dunno Mate, perhaps they act in Legacy Mode after Sleep?

Umm..

Just an update.

I ended up using a Logitech Wireless keyboard along side my Apple Magic Trackpad.

The keyboard has a tiny usb dongle which wakes my Mac up from sleep.

As soon as my Mac is awake, I press the button on the Trackpad and it connects back into the system.

Anyone got any better ideas?

karacho said:
I dunno Mate, perhaps they act in Legacy Mode after Sleep?

Yeah i think that also... its a shame because it works really well on bios, chimera boot options and boot selecting, in Lion and in Windows 7. Its just after sleep in Lion that the dongle just freaks out! :?

Did someone found a fully working bluetooth usb stick with bios and chimera boot loader working on wireless keyboard and fully sleep enabled without any bugs with apple wireless keyboard and Apple wireless trackpad? PLEASEEEEE SOMEONE??????? :( :( :( o_O

Almost same question.

I have an ASUS BT21 adapter with an Apple and Magic Mouse. Everything works well (except maybe wake up from sleep with the mouse but it works from the keyboard) but my question is: how do I go to BIOS with an apple keyboard? If I am not wrong, there is no DEL key to call the Bios, so do I need to put back a PC keyboard ?

Thanks

Yeah you can't..... but i don't need to get to the bios that often. So my main concern was to be able to select the boot drive on chimera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back