Contribute
Register

Chimera Boot Screen Resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
karacho said:
tegezee said:
How do you change the chimera boot screen resolution? Currently it is set to 1024x768 and it doesn't effect the os, I am just trying to theme it with a custom background 1366x768.
Thanks in advanced...
Have a look into this Topic -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=9448 :thumbup:

I already changed the theme.plist width & height but it doesn't take effect upon reboot.
Could it be the Graphics Mode or does that change the os resolution?

Screen+shot+2010-02-26+at+3.12.20+PM.png

You change the bootloader resolution with the Graphics Mode key, that is true.

But the problem is our laptop doesn't support the native display resolution at boot time, you can get full resolution only when the display driver loads, which is only after the OS starts to load. The highest resolution supported by the BIOS is 1024x768.

The solution COULD be patching the BIOS with the correct resolution, but I am not sure with that and I don't want to brick my laptop, so I won't try that.

frantisek.nesveda said:
You change the bootloader resolution with the Graphics Mode key, that is true.

But the problem is our laptop doesn't support the native display resolution at boot time, you can get full resolution only when the display driver loads, which is only after the OS starts to load. The highest resolution supported by the BIOS is 1024x768.

The solution COULD be patching the BIOS with the correct resolution, but I am not sure with that and I don't want to brick my laptop, so I won't try that.
Couldn't have said it better :thumbup:
To test which resolutions your VGA Bios supports, just hit any key on the Chimera Bootscreen and scroll down to Video and hit Enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back