Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68X UD5 B3 F10 bios
CPU
Graphics
GTX 770
Hi

Im encountering a problem which at first seems like its the boot0 error, but after reading about it and trying the manual install method for boot1h and it not work i've come to the conclusion that this is a different problem

The problem sometimes but not always happens when i've booted into windows on my other drive (separate) and then try and boot into mac os.

the mac drive is my primary drive, on the first sata port, all bios settings are spot on. its a 120gb ssd from ocz.

sometimes it doesnt get to the chimera screen and it shows a cursor with an underscore next to it

|_

that cursor is the one that usually spins round just before it loads the chimera screen. but it get stuck there, but not every time either. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I have to boot 3 or 4 times before it kicks in and boots chimera. It also happens when i use my bootable USB stick.

When i finally get into mac os, and restart, it will boot with no problems after that. but as soon as i boot into windows thats on another drive, i get the problem again.

this thing has been booting like a champ for over a month now, so why this happpens is a mystery. I've re installed chimera and that didnt make a difference.

Such an odd problem because it doesnt happen all the time

Cheers

im guessing this is an isolated issue. it seems like its a boot0 related thing but none of the methods seem to work aside from the USB/SATA cable method. Gonna try reinstalling multibeast and my dsdt file and see if that does anything. is any reason why i shouldnt do that?

its a pickle of an issue anyways!

ok, i think its related to an EBIOS read error timeout, i got that message after 6 restarts trying to boot Lion, again.. after i had been in windows, but before i booted into windows i restarted the machine 4 times in Lion to see if it threw up the error, but didn't.

gonna have a look through the forum now see if anyones had the problem but if anyone reading this has had this, do you know what it is?

ok had a look around, tried a couple of things, I'm not sure if its my MOTU828mk2 being switched on while booting is making it mess up just before chimera kicks in.

i've moved all the sata ports off the 6gb ports to the 3gb ports and that did nothing.

i read it could be something thats plugged in that does it, maybe my usb hard drives or the motu firewire device. Gonna keep trying that route

its just odd it only happens after being in windows then restarting trying to get to chimera
i get the flashing cursor thats meant to spin...

|_

pain in the ass!

I have similar boot issues, although I don't have windows. Just once in a while it won't boot properly and gets the boot0 error. Other times it shows the boot0 thing very briefly and then moves on. It's weird. Also sometimes it just takes quite a long time showing just a blue or grey screen. Most of the times it boots up fine, though and very quickly, so I really don't know what's wrong. Sometimes it'll also get a Kernel Panic upon booting. The console doesn't seem to be very helpful to me. It's all full of errors anyways. It seems that certain usb devices like my eyetv stick might have a negative impact when connected while booting. Not sure what exactly is wrong there.

kryz said:
I have similar boot issues, although I don't have windows. Just once in a while it won't boot properly and gets the boot0 error. Other times it shows the boot0 thing very briefly and then moves on. It's weird. Also sometimes it just takes quite a long time showing just a blue or grey screen. Most of the times it boots up fine, though and very quickly, so I really don't know what's wrong. Sometimes it'll also get a Kernel Panic upon booting. The console doesn't seem to be very helpful to me. It's all full of errors anyways. It seems that certain usb devices like my eyetv stick might have a negative impact when connected while booting. Not sure what exactly is wrong there.

I've figured out that its one of the usb hard drives i have thats plugged in at boot. i've switched both off and not had one single boot issue since. happy days.... for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back