HD999
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Tonymac and Macman
great thing you use Kabyl branch for the Gaphic part of chimera but developping his stuff Kabyl break the support for the radeon HD4770 and now instead of QE/CI there is just a blank screen. Kabyl was informed in his post he made at Insa..Mac but the issue is still there.

He had a previous version which was doing just fine but now the code is just broken. Too bad.

Edit: I make some update and no more blank screen the ATI4770 is recognized just fine.

I was wondering if you could let us know what change you made to fix the blank screen issue?

Currently I have the same issue with a Acer 7740g laptop that has the ATI HD 5470 card.

I would also like to know what you did plus the Make and Model of your 4770.
iBoot, Multibeast versions and device ID. Would be great addition to the Wiki.

The issue appears only when I use the Flicker framebuffer but I have a 4770 so ATI 4800 controller.
In 10.6.7 update there is no Flicker framebuffer with the ATI4800 controller.
Therefore if I choose Flicker I fallback with the generic framebuffer which is not good. So I don't use Flicker : problem solve.

Be sure this is the same issue : my issue is blank screen at start up BUT unplugging then plugging again my display give me the normal desktop. It's NOT blank screen because kernel panic or bad framebuffer. AND it happen only whith chameleon from Kabyl or Chimera.

jacobus77 said:
Hello Tonymac and Macman
great thing you use Kabyl branch for the Gaphic part of chimera but developping his stuff Kabyl break the support for the radeon HD4770 and now instead of QE/CI there is just a blank screen. Kabyl was informed in his post he made at Insa..Mac but the issue is still there.

He had a previous version which was doing just fine but now the code is just broken. Too bad.

Edit: I make some update and no more blank screen the ATI4770 is recognized just fine.

I don't think kabyl broke the support at all I think you may find that Apples later ATi drivers did that all by themselves.

...I think you're only a part right. Kabyl injection is just more complete and show problems that were not visible before.

By the way this was a framebuffer problem I managed to inject a custom personnality into Motmot and I don't have no more blank screen and dvi work without dvi->vga plug.

So perhaps it's time to close this thead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back