Lenovo Yoga 730-15IKB - Clover
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Tonymac,
I have installed Mavericks 10.9.3 on Aspire E1-572. I used MultiBeast for Post installation with DSDT Free and Chimera 3.0.1

What's Working:
Audio: with HDAEnabler and LayoutID=01000000 (I also used HDAEnabler kext in S/L/E)
Battery: with VoodooBattery.kext
WIfi: with replaced AR9285 wifi card (pci168c,2b), inserted in IO80211Family.kext
Ethernet: "Ethernet BuiltIn=Yes" (pci14E4,16B3) using BCM5722D.kext
Intel HD Graphics 4400: with Chimera 3.0.1. This is where the Low Screen Brightness is.

Note: I replaced Chimera's boot file in "/" with Chameleon's and Encoch's bootloaders boot file", but only got VESA resolution. "1366x768x32".

ONLY Chimera's 3.0.1 boot file got Intel HD 4400 working. This setup is DSDT FREE.

I extracted my DSDT and patched with pnlf patch but only got the slider. No brightness change. I Deleted DSDT.
The rig runs well, except for low screen brightness.

So, my question is, how can I get the screen brightness up and, can you edit Chimera to increase screen brightness.
Can you help.

Hi i too have the same issue with brightness same spec laptop as yours. Off the topic, have you got a detailed intruction to get the sound and ethernet to work. Sorry to be a total noob.
thank in advance

Hi Tonymac,
I have installed Mavericks 10.9.3 on Aspire E1-572. I used MultiBeast for Post installation with DSDT Free and Chimera 3.0.1

What's Working:
Audio: with HDAEnabler and LayoutID=01000000 (I also used HDAEnabler kext in S/L/E)
Battery: with VoodooBattery.kext
WIfi: with replaced AR9285 wifi card (pci168c,2b), inserted in IO80211Family.kext
Ethernet: "Ethernet BuiltIn=Yes" (pci14E4,16B3) using BCM5722D.kext
Intel HD Graphics 4400: with Chimera 3.0.1. This is where the Low Screen Brightness is.

Note: I replaced Chimera's boot file in "/" with Chameleon's and Encoch's bootloaders boot file", but only got VESA resolution. "1366x768x32".

ONLY Chimera's 3.0.1 boot file got Intel HD 4400 working. This setup is DSDT FREE.

I extracted my DSDT and patched with pnlf patch but only got the slider. No brightness change. I Deleted DSDT.
The rig runs well, except for low screen brightness.

So, my question is, how can I get the screen brightness up and, can you edit Chimera to increase screen brightness.
Can you help.

Haswell Brigthness Fix:

You will need to extract all DSDT/SSDT from Linux. Your GFX0 device is in one of the SSDTs not DSDT and to get a proper disassembly of your DSDT (and the SSDT that has GFX0) you will need all of them. They are available in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

Place all SSDT/DSDT in a single directory and use a recent build of iasl to disassemble:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...5-buggy-dsdt-asus-q501la-help-needed-iasl.zip
Code:
cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da *.aml

Then search the resulting *.dsl so you know where GFX0 is defined.

Laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" (to both DSDT and the SSDT that has your GFX0 device)
Apply: "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" to SSDT with GFX0
install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Place patched DSDT.aml in /Extra/dsdt.aml. Place patched SSDT in /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (assuming you have already generated SSDT.aml for CPU)

Result: Working brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays (mapping of keyboard keys is a separate issue), possible LID sleep, and IGPU power management.

Hi Rehabman,
Thanks very much.
I followed the steps you outlined and you were correct as usual.
DSDT compiled. The SSDT4, has the GFX0. (They were seven SSDTs in all.

I also used "BlinkScreen fix" from "HP Probook Installer 6.1" (not the newest one)
Thanks again.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To the person who has the same setup as I am. I am attaching the files (ZIP)
Use at your own risk. I don't have links for the files. But credit to Rehabman of course, and others who worked on these kexts.

Attachments

• Aspire-E1-572-(6802)Files.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 235
Hi Tony,
Thanks very much.
I followed the steps you outlined and you were correct as usual.
DSDT compiled. The SSDT4, has the GFX0. (They were seven SSDTs in all.

I also used "BlinkScreen fix" from "HP Probook Installer 6.1" (not the newest one)
Thanks again.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To the person who has the same setup as I am. I am attaching the files (ZIP)
Use at your own risk. I don't have links for the files. But credit to Tony of course, and others who worked on these kexts.

Blinkscreen is unecessary with this brightness fix.

And, I'm RehabMan, not Tony...

Ok...Copy.
Thanks again. Everthing is working! I even have an HDMI 24" monitor, hooked up, along with the laptop screen.
DSDT works!

awesome guys and marrioo for the files, brightness issue is fix. Though i still can't get the sound to work and ethernet is self assigning ip.

awesome guys and marrioo for the files, brightness issue is fix. Though i still can't get the sound to work and ethernet is self assigning ip.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out.

Hi RehabMan thank you for the quick reply and help.
I have tried doing what you have suggested but still can't make the sound work.
My h/w details suggest it's a alc282
H/w details: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_10250775&REV_1000
DCimanager shows null codec
Snip20140721_1.png

for ethernet i have used BCM5722D.kext with <string>pci14e4,16b3</string>

H/w details:\VEN_14E4&DEV_16B3&SUBSYS_07751025&REV_01

Snip20140721_6.png

Hi RehabMan thank you for the quick reply and help.
I have tried doing what you have suggested but still can't make the sound work.
My h/w details suggest it's a alc282
H/w details: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_10250775&REV_1000
DCimanager shows null codec
View attachment 99504

Search for AppleHDA for Realtek ALC282.

for ethernet i have used BCM5722D.kext with <string>pci14e4,16b3</string>

H/w details:\VEN_14E4&DEV_16B3&SUBSYS_07751025&REV_01

View attachment 99503

So, it is working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back