Contribute
Register

Chimera 2.2.1 Boot Icons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, today I installed the new Mavericks on my Customac (Z77N-Board + all additional devices which were checked by TonyMacOsx86). With Mountain Lion I always needed to start with PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=no in the command-line until I installed Mountain Lion and did do the Multibeast and Chameleon Wizard adjustments. Then it was perfectly working without any help.With the Mavericks-installation I am a little surprised because I installed the whole system (I prepared with Unibeast 3.0) without putting anything in the command-line at the boot screen. But after I used the latest Multibeast-version and choosed Chimera 2.2.1 and the Chameleon style for it I cannot boot in the system again. I tried to reinstall Mavericks but it is not installing anymore. Instead of starting it is loading and then tries to start but only shows a white screen. Even in verbose-mode no errors and when the system starts, white screen only.Any ideas? Thanks a lot :)

Try booting with the following switches at boot:

-x (Safe Boot)
-f (Single User Mode)
-v (Verbose boot).....you may not need to use this but it's your call.

Once you are in, launch Disk Utility and repair permissions on the disk. I highly recommend always repairing permissions after installing any bootloader or kext file. I would also recommend using kext utility (or champlist) to rebuild system kext cache. If Kext utility is not in the Applications/Utilities folder...search and download it. Champlist will have to be downloaded as well if you go that route. Let me know how you make out.:thumbup:

Per Apple the correct and only method for recreating the kernel cache is to do the following command in Terminal"

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back