Contribute
Register

Chimera 1.5 HD 3000 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same issue here (laggy as hell, graphic corruption), although Chimera 1.5.3 has at least got my HD3000 recognised for the first time. (It looks like nothing is happening, but it gets there if you leave it alone for 5 mins.)

I am building a new 15 2500K system around the following hardware:
- Gigabyte HA65M-D2H-B3
- (configured for SATA AHCI, 480MB Frame Buffer, Azalia on, GSATA off)
- Corsair XMS3 RAM
- Seagate Momentus XT 500

and have this just about there. The last step was to install/run Chimera 1.5.3.

On the positive side:
- Lion seems to work. iMove works great! Chimera is almost there!
- The system properly recognizes the HD3000 Graphics Chip
- The system seems quite fast but I have not benchmarked it yet
- Without Chimera the system works on every interface but only in 1024 x 768 mode.
- I discovered that the blueMicro Pro a £5 (from play.com) Bluetooth Chip works perfectly.

The problems I am still having are:
- I can configure the HD3000 for more than 384MB RAM but OSX only sees a maximum of 385MB
- Screen refreshes at medium resolutions are not wildly fast but I'll reserve judgement till I see what videos on Plex look like.
- I loose CMOS config from time to time but I think that this is down to the board rather than than OSX
- Sleep is not quite right. It seems to shut everything down but my Magic mouse or deNovo USB keyboard will not wake it up. I will try a direct attached keyboard tomorrow.
- DVI works fine but after Chimera 1.5.3 install but HDMI does not. It gets to the spinning wheel and then freezes. When I boot using 'verbose' I get:
Sound assertion ERROR EFI ROM did not publish 'hda-gfx' associative property... faild in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 350 goto ExitError
Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 993 goto Exit
Transcript Offline - Buffer Pool Allocate [181000] failed

I suspect that this might be a problem because the CPU and board supports HDMI audio... Since HDMI audio is not quite working yet, when it boots it half knows that it should have HDMI audio but can not get it working... so it panics and fails.

With Azalia set to off in BIOS I do not get the error it gets to macx_swapom SUCCESS ... BUT ... it seems to freeze all the same.

Then... While trying to switch ports to test verbose on the DVI port, I realized that it was not freezing at all... it's, in fact, switching from HDMI to DVI on it's own.

blueking said:
Everyone needs to have a mac mini 5,1 smbios, or (what I use) a macbookpro8,1 smbios.

This comment looked like it was worth a try. How do I set smbios? Perhaps my system thinks it's a mac that does not have an HDMI port?

Other thoughts? Is this a bug in Chimera?

How can I help the effort to get this (and HDMI audio) working?

Not so. Chimera 1.5.3 works for me where v1.5.1 did not.

My system: Zotac H67ITX-C-E, i7-2600K, 8GB 1333 Memory, DVI 1920 x 1200 LCD connected to the MB DVI port, partition 1 of first HDD has clean installed copy of Lion.
Ran Multibeast EasyBeast to set the /Extra and install Chimera 1.4.x boot loader.

Then ran the Chimera 1.5.3 stand alone installer. Upon reboot I had accelerated 1920 x 1200. Several more Multibeast runs to set up Audio and wired Ethernet. All is good.

OBW I then updated to 10.7.1 and rolled back the audio. Again this thing works and works well to one monitor.

neil

Attachments

• zotac-H67ITX-C-E.jpg
    zotac-H67ITX-C-E.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 721
blueking said:
Everyone needs to have a mac mini 5,1 smbios, or (what I use) a macbookpro8,1 smbios.

What do you gain with these?

This support is still in the Experimental phase, although I've had lots of luck with the 2 boards I've used, enabling DVI/HDMI on the GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 and HDMI/HDMI on the GA-H67N-USB3-B3 with full QE/CI using i5-2500K without any DSDT or kext edits.

The VGA port will work with connector edits to the sandy bridge framebuffer kext, as described by bcc9 here:

Editing Custom Connectors (Ports) for HD 3000: bcc9 @ Insanelymac:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 9705&st=80

HDMI Audio is still being worked on- we're getting closer to understanding how it works, but there is currently no ETA for support. Follow our progress here:

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=29709

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back