Contribute
Register

Chimera 1.5.4 and HD3000 = any updates / benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Will Chimera 1.5.4 bring anything new to the table?

Facetime may indeed work now, but unfortunately my slow & squiggly screen suggest other problems still exist...

JBCook said:
Facetime may indeed work now, but unfortunately my slow & squiggly screen suggest other problems still exist...
When using the HD3000 the amount of allowable video RAM is:

288MB when using 2GB RAM
384MB when using 4GB RAM

The use of any values other than these is not recommended and can cause artifacting.

Is the new version of Chimera recommended for everyone, even those still running Snow Leopard?

I'm going to update to Lion soon, but I don't know if I should wait until then to update Chimera...

Thanks!

Facetime will now logon...yeah!!! But calls fail.....even on same network.

MacMan said:
JBCook said:

288MB when using 2GB RAM
384MB when using 4GB RAM

The use of any values other than these is not recommended and can cause artifacting.

I have 16GM RAM, I've enabled 512RAM for video ram in bios. I'm on Chimera 1.5.3

What to except if I upgrade...?

If you're like me, you'll load the new 1.5.4 version up and Facetime will load up just fine, but calls will not go thru. No matter if you call the mac from an iphone or vice versa.

So I went into Keychain and found a new application password that was generated called:
COM.APPLE.FACETIME: REGISTRATION V1

Inside, under "Access Control", it didn't show FACETIME...so I added it and now Facetime will accept calls and make calls.....

Hope that works for you!

parsoli said:
If you're like me, you'll load the new 1.5.4 version up and Facetime will load up just fine, but calls will not go thru. No matter if you call the mac from an iphone or vice versa.

So I went into Keychain and found a new application password that was generated called:
COM.APPLE.FACETIME: REGISTRATION V1

Inside, under "Access Control", it didn't show FACETIME...so I added it and now Facetime will accept calls and make calls.....

Hope that works for you!

Well, I don't use Facetime (I have no camera) but nice to know, it's always better to know that everything works in your system. It somewhat feels "more real" mac then...

MacMan said:
JBCook said:

288MB when using 2GB RAM
384MB when using 4GB RAM

I pulled a 4Gig stick, and ran on 4Gig, with the BIOS at 480, then 384MB.

Both cases were dog slow, and had some screen elements corrupted.

(Now, it's not impossible that something else is causing this grief, but it'll be about 10.7.3 before I get into serious troubleshooting mode.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back