Graphics
GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am working on getting my EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX570 (device id 1086) to work fully in Lion.

That thread is here:http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29971

I'm not sure its a bug but for some reason I get OpenGL under Chameleon and not under Chimera. Cinebench will run the OpenGL benchmark under Chameleon and will fully lockup under CHimera forcing a hard shutdown.

I'm hoping someone can fix this or tell me why its working under one bootloader and not under the other.

chameleon wizard 3.2.3 zip kexts.com updated today to 1493 fixes facetime too

Can you use Chameleon Wizard to install the latest version of chameleon over an existing Chimera install? Or will it cause more problems than it will cure? I'd like to stay up to date with chameleon ... {I'm running chimers 1.4 with Lion} ... but I don't want to destroy what I've accomplished so far.

Just curious...thanks.

Rick

yes you can Ive already done it. you can test on flash drive if you like ive done that to

stehor said:
yes you can Ive already done it. you can test on flash drive if you like ive done that to

Yep...you are correct. I'm booting with 1495 on a USB stick...and it seems to work well.

Thanks very much

Rick

Chimera 1.5.4 is now available and is based on the released Chameleon 2.0 code revision 1394 which is considered the "stable" or "production" release.

Chameleon 2.1 svn is pre-release "beta" code. It's not even at release candidate (RC) status yet. That is why features such as the FaceTime fix was removed and you'll see things added and removed up until it reaches RC status.

I have included the FaceTime fix in Chimera 1.5.4 but added the ability to disable it if it creates any issue. So we now have a release based on stable code with the FaceTime fix for those who need it and don't run RAID.

The next release of Chimera, 1.6.x will be based on the latest trunk for those who want to be on the bleeding edge and test new features and capabilities. But we will continue to offer 1.5.4 for those who want a stable release.

I'm running the latest Chameleon release r1717 on alienware m15x w gt240m, everything works iCloud, FaceTime, and full graphics acceleration, I was getting lots of panics with Chimera....

Any idea on the Chimera updates for my m15x GeForce GT 240M 1024 MB

Thank you... :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back