Contribute
Register

Chimera 1.4.0 - Vanilla Kernel Issues Fixed + Turbo/Pwr Mgmt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now after i install Chimera 1.4.0 + bridge helper (kernel 10.7.3) and then restart, now i'm stuck at "System uptime in nanoseconds: xxxxxxxx" :(... Did i missed anything?
I was running great in 10.7.0 legacy kernel 64bit system before this.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Tadas said:
gnugazer said:
Just now after i install Chimera 1.4.0 + bridge helper (kernel 10.7.3) and then restart, now i'm stuck at "System uptime in nanoseconds: xxxxxxxx" :(... Did i missed anything?
I was running great in 10.7.0 legacy kernel 64bit system before this.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
First install the bridgehelp and after that install chimera. If you used Legacy Kernel before go to your bootplist and you should see a text string saying "Legacy Kernel" replace it with "mach_kernel"

@Tadas, do you confirm, vanilla kernel is working for you ?
Not working for me.

How exactly was AICPUPM confirmed to be working? What application / tool(s) were used for this?

Also. What values do you get when you enter: sysctl -a in a terminal window?
Look for: hw.cpufrequency, hw.cpufrequency_min and hw.cpufrequency_max

Im using chimera now, (instead of andy bootloader), with definition = mac pro 3,1

should i use any other definition instead? (im using latest bridgehelper too)

Is a non-sense use a MacPro3,x mac model indentifier with a Sandy Bridge system.
Is better if you use an iMac12,x or a MacBookPro8,x definiiton.

And what about a tool that can confirm that AICPUPM working correctly?

Yoga said:
Any official word on the faster GPU fan? It seems a few people are suffering from this.

There was one other time when a faster GPU fan happened, that was when you booted with an ATI without graphicsenabler=no, don't know if that may be related.

So guys, should this be installed by Asus users as well or just Gigabyte?

Tadas said:
gnugazer said:
First install the bridgehelp and after that install chimera. If you used Legacy Kernel before go to your bootplist and you should see a text string saying "Legacy Kernel" replace it with "mach_kernel"

Found the problem, it seems that the "sleepenabler.kext".. i can boot normally using "pmVersion=23" in verbose,and sleep is enable like before... but! when im putting "pmVersion=23" in smbios.plist it gave me kernel panic when booting, so i have to manually add "pmVersion=23" in verbose everytime i booting up to my macOs :|.. anyone can explain?

geticus said:
Tadas said:
gnugazer said:

@Tadas, do you confirm, vanilla kernel is working for you ?
Not working for me.

Hi, yeah basically it works.. in my case i just had a slight problem with sleepenabler.kext, but the rest i think it work (detected darwin 10.7.3, 64bit)

I had my Sandy Bridge system running perfect for a while now, thanks to the great guides available here.

So today I installed the new Chimera 1.4.0 update and changed my multiplier to 34x, but when I booted, my display is not detected through HDMI anymore and I cannot see anything.

The system still boots up onto the desktop fine, as I can see and navigate it through my iPhone on a VNC server but not on my main display. When I changed my multiplier back to 32 and 33x and the same thing happened, no display.

Anyone know what can cause this to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back