i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I built my parents a new computer a while back designed to be a Hackintosh, but stupidly ended up with a chip that only did HD2000 graphics instead of the HD3000 required for OS X. They settled for staying with Windows and having a new computer, but I'd really like to get them over to OS X since it will be easier for them for the kind of stuff they do.

I'm looking for the cheapest video card that will run Lion, and that's it. No gaming requirements; if it can do whatever hardware-accelerated stuff Lion requires (and possibly ML in the future, though that's not a requirement), and play Flash videos, they're set.

Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3

Thanks.

Ive got the same motherboard and run Snow Leo and Lion...i used intel HD 3000 and it was awful in Lion with the screen tearing and artifacting...got a Zotac Geforce 8400GS TC512...works out of the box, full acceleration and qe/ci & is compatible with ML...

Cost me $20 brand new..the one drawback is no HDMI...but for 20 bucks i wasnt worried..there are also Geforce 210 cards in that price range that do have HDMI and they also work out of the box...maybe $10 more.

$20 sounds just about right. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back