Contribute
Register

Cheapest Tiny Box or Mini ITX platforms that can run Xcode 7.x supporting OSX & some Slave box activ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Thinkpad X61T
CPU
Core 2 Duo 1.67
Graphics
Intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Cheapest Tiny Box or Mini ITX platforms that can run Xcode 7.x supporting minimum OSX 10.10.5 & some Slave box activites?

Cheapest Tiny Box or Mini ITX platforms that can run Xcode 7.x supporting OSX & some Slave box activites?

That's the short version of it.
So, I found that Braswell is a great cheap low power option, but OSX will not easily boot on it as its lineage is Atom based.
I am wondering if any non i-core platforms that worked with recent OSX versions?
Also, would like Pico PSU + External Power Adapter if it helps keep box size smaller.

** Slave Box to do things that I can dump/ delegate off my Primary Laptop: **

OSX86 - For some Xcode -
- Not planning to code a lot - But play now n then - Maybe do some side loading and prototyping

Daily Slave jobs:
- t*****t/ Downloading
- XBMC/ OSMC/ Kodi box - 720p/ 1080p upscaled to 4K monitor - No 4K content expectation
Currently using ATV1 (move to parents/ living room) on 1080p Monitor

Once in a while, Overnight slave jobs:
- Format/ Zero/ DBan/ Ghost/ Clone/ Image some NAS/ 3.5"/ 2.5" hard drives
- So, bunch of Drive related ports would be good - but wont be used/ plugged in often.

- Basically hacking around without bugging my primary Surface Pro 3/ Thinkpad laptop

Last edited by a moderator:
Intel NUCs, Gigabyte Brix or you could go with a company like http://www.cappuccinopc.com/Mica_T8...puter_PC.asp?gclid=CO-4lY_PncsCFZCIaQodouEBbw and have them custom build one for you.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the Mica is too expensive and in the NUCs / Brix {preferable} its hard to find which model will really work as they have been taken off the recommendation list; and which is the cheapest that will work for Xcode 7 since it needs 10.10.5.

It would be great if you can point me to specific models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back