CPU
Intel Core i7 6700
Graphics
GTX 1050ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Plain simple, the cheapest out of the box graphic cards for Mavericks.

Which one is the absolutely cheapest card. Which just works without tweaks.

Geforce GT620? 35 euro. Are there any other cards out there can beat this price?

Plain simple, the cheapest out of the box graphic cards for Mavericks.

Which one is the absolutely cheapest card. Which just works without tweaks.

Geforce GT620? 35 euro. Are there any other cards out there can beat this price?

Geforce 210.

Does the board-manufacturer matters?

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.9_Seeds#PCI-E

Says Twintech. Or will a Asus GT610-SL-1GD3-L do?

A GT610 is a much better card for Mavericks than a GT210. If you have access to a Mac or PC Mac that will let you download Mavericks then I would use a GT610. The brand of the card is not important for a GT610 to work in OSX.

If you are using a CPU processor with HD3000, HD4000 or HD4600 graphics then you do not really need to purchase a GPU at all.

The GT 210 isn't even listed in the Mavericks Seeds. http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.9_Seeds#PCI-E
Does it work out of the box?

GT 610 passive cooling seems like a good choice, el cheapo and out of the box :)

The thing is, I don't need it as a performance card because I will replace it soon with a GA-Z87N-WIFI and an Intel Core i3-4360. So it's just a transition system for the time being.

An older 5770 will work out the box. I have three different ones (inc a real genuine Apple one) and they all worked out the box with zero config.

They can be picked up off ebay for very little. Not sure what your usage is, but I use twin 5770's with FCP X where they are brilliant, UNIX development across three monitors , but no real games. If you are into games, these are Ok for older stuff but pants for new stuff.

Rob

An older 5770 will work out the box. I have three different ones (inc a real genuine Apple one) and they all worked out the box with zero config.

They can be picked up off ebay for very little. Not sure what your usage is, but I use twin 5770's with FCP X where they are brilliant, UNIX development across three monitors , but no real games. If you are into games, these are Ok for older stuff but pants for new stuff.

Rob

Thanks! I just bought the Gigabyte HD 5570 1GB GDDR3 PCI-E for 40 bucks. Seems like a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back