ATI Radeon HD 4670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I want to go as cheap as possible.

I know I'm probably sacrificing performance for cost, but I just want it to work with Snow Leopard. I'm not a gamer, so I don't need superb performance. I do minimal work; I mostly do web development and coding. All I need to know is will this hardware work?

Dutchcoffee said:
I want to go as cheap as possible.

I know I'm probably sacrificing performance for cost, but I just want it to work with Snow Leopard. I'm not a gamer, so I don't need superb performance. I do minimal work; I mostly do web development and coding. All I need to know is will this hardware work?

Motherboard is questionable... we don't know about it nothing. And I would go with a HD5570. Just in case.

GA-Z68P-DS3 - Maybe that mb will do the work. It's cheap.

I think maybe I'll get a ASRock H61M-VS. Another individual was able to get it working.

As for the graphics card, I need something extremely cheap that will work (I mainly only need QE/CI working so I can experience the Mac animations :D). Maybe this card?

Dutchcoffee said:
I think maybe I'll get a ASRock H61M-VS. Another individual was able to get it working.

As for the graphics card, I need something extremely cheap that will work (I mainly only need QE/CI working so I can experience the Mac animations :D). Maybe this card?

Only Gigabyte boards supported. :)
8400GS has again problems. And the HD5570 is neither a powerful card. :crazy:

That is completely untrue. Gigabyte are not the only boards that work. They are recommended because they are the easiest to get working. There are many other boards that work.

As far as the graphics card. You might be able to pick up an 8600gt, 9400gt or 9500gt of ebay for a good price. I am running and 8600gt in a budget hackintosh and it works OOB.

Finboss said:

That is completely untrue. Gigabyte are not the only boards that work. They are recommended because they are the easiest to get working. There are many other boards that work.

As far as the graphics card. You might be able to pick up an 8600gt, 9400gt or 9500gt of ebay for a good price. I am running and 8600gt in a budget hackintosh and it works OOB.

I just rescued myself from idiotic questions. :geek:

Finboss said:

Would this work? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814134132

Dutchcoffee said:
Finboss said:

Would this work? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814134132

If it doesn't bother you that only works with NVEnabler64.kext...

chocoboss said:
if it is a low cost hackintosh, just go for a radeon HD5450 ( I never got any problem with mine Sapphire 1gb :headbang: )

They need kext modifications...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back