Contribute
Register

Cheap Hackintosh with Old Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt I'll use it for anything that would need the extra horsepower of the i5, but getting it now will at least prevent me from wanting to upgrade after a few months.

What i normally do is if the prices are too high on i5 or i7 chips i just buy a i3 wait for a few months until the prices have gone down then i buy :)

I think I'm going to take you up on your suggestion of the i3 4360, as Amazon has it for a good price currently.

I always look at benchmarks when deciding on what CPU to go with, and the i3 easily bests my Windows rig with an AMD a10 6790k CPU in all single threaded tasks and holds its own in multithreaded tasks as well.

If hackintosh isn't for me I atleast have an upgrade I can use on my current desktop.

I think I'm going to take you up on your suggestion of the i3 4360, as Amazon has it for a good price currently.

I always look at benchmarks when deciding on what CPU to go with, and the i3 easily bests my Windows rig with an AMD a10 6790k CPU in all single threaded tasks and holds its own in multithreaded tasks as well.

If hackintosh isn't for me I atleast have an upgrade I can use on my current desktop.

Which board have you decided to go with?

Which board have you decided to go with?

The gigabyte that is listed in my first post (I'm on mobile and too lazy to look it up because I can never remember).

I did make sure to update it to the latest BIOS to make sure it supports the newest haswell chips (it does).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back