Gigabyte G41M-ES2L (with alc888b audio)
Core 2 Quad Q6600
ASUS ENGT 240 1Gb

I am using a DSDT

My prospective configuration is
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
Core i5-4430
No video card

Is it possible that I keep my current OS X without having to completely reinstall it and to restore everything from a Time Machine backup? If so, what software changes should I make?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Nasier,

This is a great question so I would like to offer some input into making this possible.

Firstly , if you haven't updated to 10.8.5 then you will need to do so. If you can remember everything that you have installed for your old installation (G41) you should be on the right path. Remove the Kexts used for your old install on the OS. Now if you delete the extra folder where your old DSDT is and the Org.Chameleoon.Boot.plist this will give you a fresh start.

Now this is where you should be looking far ahead and installing MultiBeast in line with your new Hardware. Make sure that you know what audio, ethernet your new motherboard has. You will not need a DSDT as your board has UEFI BIOS.

Run MultiBeast and select the new Kexts required and then shut down your system, remove your hard drive and put it into the new build.

Also one of the main things you will have to do is set the BIOS on the new motherboard. Main setting will be First Initilal Display to IGFX for the Intel HD4600 on your i5-4430.

Hope this helps

Thank you!

Will report upon completion

Thank you!

Will report upon completion

Don't forget to add the 1080p selection under Customizations/Boot Options in MultiBeast for your new configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back