Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm going to be upgrading my hackintosh that I built about 16 months ago (now running 10.8.1). The build was based on one of Tony's guides...

part list:
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 LGA 1155
GIGABYTE 6850
i5-2500K
OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W
4x4gb DDR3

I am considering putting a GTX 670 into it to replace the 6850. What needs to be done to keep the system happy? I know multibeast for ML has kext options for that specific graphics card, but is that all I'll need to do is install it and restart? Is there something that would need to be removed (like something specific for the 6850)?

hm. Well regardless of how the 670 stands in the .2 update I'm still considering an upgrade from the 6850 and that means switching away from AMD/ATI and I'd like to know if anyone has done that and knows if requires more than a simple hardware swamp and installing card specific related multibeast options.

The last time I did this was in Snow Leopard, but it wasn't for native cards. Thus, I had to remove nVidia kext and then apply ATi/AMD kext. I would just try the swap and see how it works.
If you don't boot up or get a Kernel Panic, shut down and report back. We will take it from there.

Using Mutibeast 5.2 on 10.8.2, I simply had to set bootoption GraphicsEnabler=No and it worked flawlessly. Easy. Yay.

Glad you came right. That's a good card choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back