Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Changed Motherboard and Graphics Card now cannot boot Catalina 10.15.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot 2020-07-30 at 02.01.41.png

This may be the problem.
It is usually overcome by way of SSDT-EC.aml which you already have.
You may find that adding this patch helps :

Thank you. Is there any way to apply this patch without Clover configurator or Terminal? I don't have access to a Mac install. I have access to the Catalina EFI through Windows only.

Thank you. Is there any way to apply this patch without Clover configurator or Terminal? I don't have access to a Mac install. I have access to the Catalina EFI through Windows only.
You can edit the xml of the config.plist but it's very easy to mess things up.

Screenshot 2020-07-30 at 02.21.31.png

Last edited:
So I would add the text below to config.plist? Does it matter where in the file?

<dict>
<key>Patches</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>ACPI Patch by mattystonnie</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
oAqTU1RBUwE=
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
oAqRCv8L//8=
</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>

Ah OK, I did not see the image at first where you showed the structure. OK will give it a go and report back.

I made the change to config.plist and rebooted. It got a lot further but went to black screen moments after the screen looked like the attached

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    898.4 KB · Views: 58
Here is the config.plist that I edited.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.5 KB · Views: 54
Your config.plist is now corrupt which is the same as having no config.plist at all.

"config.plist: Found non-key inside <dict> at line 73"

When there is no config.plist then Clover uses some settings of its own which it seems are better than the ones that you originally had when your config.plist worked.

Try this edited version of the config.plist that you uploaded in Post #1 (I have included the ACPI patch) :

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
That did the trick. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back