Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Changed Motherboard and Graphics Card now cannot boot Catalina 10.15.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z390 Prime A
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
MSI Armor RX580
Hi - my Radeon RX 580 card recently caught fire and damaged my Aorus Z390 Elite motherboard in the process.

I replaced the mobo with an ASUS Z390 Prime A, and the older Radeon 580 with a new MSI Armor RX580.

Now Catalina 10.15.6 panics during boot. I don't have a working MacOS install to hand, just Windows.

Any suggestions? My EFI is attached.

Thanks All!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    43.5 MB · Views: 130
Attached

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    957.9 KB · Views: 40

There is no kernel panic.
ACPI errors are usually caused by enabling incorrect fixes in config.plist or errors in DSDT/SSDT.

OK thanks. So does my config.plist show any issues? Not sure how to troubleshoot DDST/SSDT errors...

OK thanks. So does my config.plist show any issues? Not sure how to troubleshoot DDST/SSDT errors...
They are probably not severe enough to halt the boot in this case.
You should determine the state of the system.
Is it hung or just no longer providing output to the monitor ?

Toggle the caps lock key and see if the light changes state.
Is there any sign of life on the disk activity light ?

It may just be that the graphics are working but not on the port that you have connected to the monitor.

Caps lock does not toggle after the screen stops. I don't have a disk activity light, nvme drive.

I also checked all other ports on the graphics card, only the first HDMI one works but screen still frozen

Any ideas here? I am totally stuck. I don't have a working Mac install to use Clover configurator with

I let it run for awhile and an additional line item displayed about a timeout (attached last line), so not a kernel panic, but it doesn't go any further after letting it run an additional hour

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    978.7 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back