Graphics
Onboard HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there, I had a perfect dual boot working, Win 7 and Mountain Lion,for a few months now. But then I unplugged all the internal sata connections in an attempt to squeeze more speed out of my Win 7 SSD. So only that one sata device was plugged in for that.
When I re-attached the rest of the sata devices, including the OSX SSD, I no longer get chimera and as a result, no way to boot OSX.
My question is, must all sata devices, or at least both SSD's be in the exact same ports they were in when OSX and chimera were originally installed? I've obviously moved something around.
Does anyone know how to correct this without trial and error trying every sata port combination?
Is chimera installed on the OSX drive or the Win 7 drive? Which should I try to get to load first?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi there, I had a perfect dual boot working, Win 7 and Mountain Lion,for a few months now. But then I unplugged all the internal sata connections in an attempt to squeeze more speed out of my Win 7 SSD. So only that one sata device was plugged in for that.
When I re-attached the rest of the sata devices, including the OSX SSD, I no longer get chimera and as a result, no way to boot OSX.
My question is, must all sata devices, or at least both SSD's be in the exact same ports they were in when OSX and chimera were originally installed? I've obviously moved something around.
Does anyone know how to correct this without trial and error trying every sata port combination?
Is chimera installed on the OSX drive or the Win 7 drive? Which should I try to get to load first?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Every time you connect/disconnect drives the boot order changes. When you do something like you have done it is needed to boot to BIOS and set your primary boot drive to first in drive boot order again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back