Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170-HD3
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That is all I ever did, everything was working fine until now.

I wanted to use some piece of software that needs SIP completely disabled to work. So, I entered the 0x3E7 in Clover Configurator, rebooted, thinking it’s just routine thing.

How wrong I was. Now it want boot at all. Restarts right at the Apple logo, progress bar doesn’t even start loading how quick it reboots.

I got something from verbose mode. Sorry it’s blurry.
I will repeat once again, I didn’t change anything other than CSR config. I didn’t mess with the kexts or anything else.

I am on latest Big Sur version for anyone wondering. I think that is all information I can provide, if anyone needs more info I will be happy to provide if I can. I think my old CSR was 0x03. I tried several other configs from Clover boot menu but none of them does anything

481CA65A-5670-44EF-8C28-E413C0558BE1.jpeg

That is all I ever did, everything was working fine until now.

I wanted to use some piece of software that needs SIP completely disabled to work. So, I entered the 0x3E7 in Clover Configurator, rebooted, thinking it’s just routine thing.

How wrong I was. Now it want boot at all. Restarts right at the Apple logo, progress bar doesn’t even start loading how quick it reboots.

I got something from verbose mode. Sorry it’s blurry.
I will repeat once again, I didn’t change anything other than CSR config. I didn’t mess with the kexts or anything else.

I am on latest Big Sur version for anyone wondering. I think that is all information I can provide, if anyone needs more info I will be happy to provide if I can. I think my old CSR was 0x03. I tried several other configs from Clover boot menu but none of them does anything

View attachment 551042
use your working usb installer to boot your hack

or press space bar at the clover boot menu and change it back

use your working usb installer to boot your hack

or press space bar at the clover boot menu and change it back
Thank you for swift answer.

There is really nothing much else that can be done? How can simply changing csr active config cause this mess?

Thank you for swift answer.

There is really nothing much else that can be done? How can simply changing csr active config cause this mess?
clover configurator has also been known to mess up config.plist's at times

Dang it, well I learned the lesson hard way I guess.

I can only create a usb with EFI, right? I don’t need entire installer?
clover configurator has also been known to mess up config.plist's at times

Dang it, well I learned the lesson hard way I guess.

I can only create a usb with EFI, right? I don’t need entire installer?
so resetting csr back in clover boot menu didn't help then?

so resetting csr back in clover boot menu didn't help then?
Nope. Nothing. Nada.

I fixed it though via making an USB with EFI only and booting via USB. First it didn’t work because stupid me didn’t know how to make proper EFI partition, I just made FAT32 formatted drive with EFI partition. That only brought me to loading Apple logo which then froze and got stuck loading forever.

Then I learned that EFI partitions are unique partitions in some way, I formatted again and created new EFI partition in some Disks utility on my Lubuntu laptop (there was an option to make partition as “system” one). What a handy tool.

Now it works again. I hope this thread will be valuable for someone somewhere facing this exact same problem as me.

And thank you Feartech for your help. Much appreciated.

Nope. Nothing. Nada.

I fixed it though via making an USB with EFI only and booting via USB. First they didn’t work either because stupid me didn’t know how to make proper EFI partition, I just made FAT32 formatted drive with EFI partition. That only brought me to loading Apple logo which then froze and got stuck loading forever.

Then I learned that EFI partitions are unique partitions in some way, I formatted again and created new EFI partition in some Disks utility on my Lubuntu laptop (there was an option to make partition as “system” one). What a handy tool.

Now it works again. I hope this thread will be valuable for someone somewhere facing this exact same problem as me.

And thank you Feartech for your help. Much appreciated.
glad you managed to fix it :)

so was it just the CSR entry that messed it up or something else?

glad you managed to fix it :)

so was it just the CSR entry that messed it up or something else?
I am going to compare the .plist files tomorrow and see what is different. I am too tired now, I’ve spent almost entire day on this, lol For now I am just glad it’s working again.

Update: Now I have only changed csr-active-config but using Xcode plist editor this time, and nothing broke.
So I think we can safely say that Clover Configurator changed something it wasn't supposed to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back