Contribute
Register

Change System Definition -OR- Make an SSDT? (Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elitebook 2570p-Clover
CPU
i7-3520M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have clover working but not power management with MacMini 6,2. CPU does not go past 3.5GHZ and
temps run about 8 degrees higher.

When I use iMac 12,1 (which was a sand bridge model), I get 4.1GHZ (which is what my Bios is set for) and lower temps. So, should I:

1. Stay with iMac 12,1? What is the downside?
2. Use MacMini 6,2 and build a SSDT?

I tried to make an SSDT with Toledo's guide but got unexpected results on this step:

2. Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Download ZIP
Terminal:
cd Downloads/ssdtPRGen.sh-master
sudo chmod 755 ssdtPRGen.sh
./ssdtPRGen.sh
n
n

ADDED: Clover latest version (just updated), UEFI)

ADDED: I finally figured it all out. Got a SSDT up and running.
  1. ./ssdtPRGen.sh is a hidden in the /Users/ folder. I used CD in terminal and operate from there
  2. I switched to iMac 13.2. And got things going nicely, including Turbo.
  3. I also checked -xcpm in clover configurator and have speed stepping but power management in the turbo frequencies is limited to 3 states.

I read that iMac SMbios doesn't naturally allow more than two or three power states in the turbo frequencies. Anyway, It's running a little cooler and I have turbo.

Hi michaelcly, do you have any advice for my system? I have a MSI Z77MA-G45 motherboard and an Intel i7-3770K. After a year of not using my Hackintosh, today I did a clean install of El Capitan.

Within the MSI BIOS, I've set the CPU multiplier to 4.7, but within Mac OS "About This Mac," it only shows 3.49GHz (instead of 4.7GHz, which I'm hoping to get).

Right now, under About This Mac > System Report it says Macmini6,2 (must have been a default setting); I used MultiBeast to try to change it to MacPro3,1 (which is what I had in the past), but when I rebooted into Mac OS, the system rebooted at the Mac OS login screen, and when I checked System Report again it said Macmini6,2.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm afraid I can't be of much help. I was able to change system definitions with Clover Configurator. But, I ended up using the default Macmini6.2. I set turbo freq by making a custom ssdt with ssdtPRGen.sh. I used a suffix that set it to 4300 but I don't recall how I did it. I know I got assistance on github.com. I also had to configure my bios to match the frequency in the SSDT.

I don't know how you'll get 4.7GHz out of that processor, Anything past 4.3 resulted in spikes that pushed the temps too high. Even with the liquid cooler I now have, 4.3 is it for me. But that may be because my MOBO doesn't let me lower voltage. It could also be because of the way they built Ivy Bridge processors—something about non soldered heatsink.

Sorry I can't help you more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back