Contribute
Register

Change from Chameleon to Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you disconnect the OS X drive does Windows boot?

If I select Windows Boot Manager I can boot into windows without any problem.. But then, the OSX boot manager obviousely wont work

So I'm just trying to get this straight in my mind. If you use the MB boot menu (F11), you see both hard drives and can successfully boot either OS by selecting the appropriate drive... Is this correct?

If you can't boot both OS's by selecting them individually with (F11), there lies the problem...

So I'm just trying to get this straight in my mind. If you use the MB boot menu (F11), you see both hard drives and can successfully boot either OS by selecting the appropriate drive... Is this correct?

No, by using F11 I see both drives, but no matter wich one i select, its allways the OSX thats loading.

If you can't boot both OS's by selecting them individually with (F11), there lies the problem...

If I go into the bios, and disable the Hard Disk Drive BBS Priority, and change to Windows Boot Manager, I can boot windows, but not OSX...

Let me make a video :)

I haven't use Chameleon for a long time so I think GB or Rehabman will be better able to help. Looks to me that the Bootloader boot menu doesn't see the Windows EFI partition. Additionally I would expect (F11) boot menu to see Windows Boot Manager.

EDIT: Please run terminal command diskutil list and post screen shot.

I aggree.. That could be the case...
The strange part, is that when I enable LEGACY & UEFI, the SSD containing windows is not recognized as UEFI HARD DISK [Windows Boot Manager], bot only UEFI Hard Disk..

What I would like is to have just one bootloader (I dont realy care wich one), that allows me to chose if I want to boot windows or osx... Is that possible with my setup?

What do I need to make that work?

And the Screenshot from OSX diskutil list:
Bildschirmfoto 2014-07-15 um 00.11.03.png

And the Screenshot from OSX diskutil list:
View attachment 98733

Windows is installed UEFI. Requires Clover to boot. Chameleon/Chimera cannot boot a UEFI install of Windows.

Your alternative is to re-install Windows in legacy mode.

Windows is installed UEFI. Requires Clover to boot. Chameleon/Chimera cannot boot a UEFI install of Windows.

Your alternative is to re-install Windows in legacy mode.

Ok, so if I dont want to re-install Windows, I would have to use Clover.
Now is just the question:

How do I install Clover, and what do I need for it to work. :)

Thats why I'm here... Yes :)

Creating a correct config.plist depends a lot on your hardware specs, so be prepared to put some up-front effort into it.

Well.. I have read many threads here.. And I'm stuck a bit.... I can follow the instructions given here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html But only till it comes to "A few more changes need to be made to the default Clover installation:"

1. config.plist: I can get the default one, but I have no idea what it does and how I could create my own?
2. add your ethernet kext: I have a Realtek Ethernet, so it would be RealtekRTL81xx.kext?
3. DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml: What are they? Do I need it?

It is best to test Clover on USB first and only when you have it working, install to your HDD.

Good Idea, I'll do that!

Thats why I'm here... Yes :)

Well.. I have read many threads here.. And I'm stuck a bit.... I can follow the instructions given here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html But only till it comes to "A few more changes need to be made to the default Clover installation:"

1. config.plist: I can get the default one, but I have no idea what it does and how I could create my own?
2. add your ethernet kext: I have a Realtek Ethernet, so it would be RealtekRTL81xx.kext?
3. DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml: What are they? Do I need it?

Good Idea, I'll do that!

Another good resource is the Clover wiki: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

The default config.plist provided by the Clover installer is almost always universally wrong. Learn what all the options are, use them sparingly, and use only those appropriate for your hardware.

Perhaps if your profile was filled in with your hardware details, people reading your posts might provide you good ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back